SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Long YouTube intros
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Long YouTube intros Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Ban algorithms ! not guns

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
One of the advantages of youtube videos is that you can skip ahead by just clicking on the progress bar. That's what I do.

Pinky on the right arrow. Blip Blip Blip, each hit advances 5 sec.

Another one.
If someone starts with " I just wanted to make a quick video to ..." It is often boring and rarely quick.

Another one.
DIY vids thet dwell on the least important things and ignore the complex. Yes sir, I know the difference between a flat and phillip head screwdriver... don't need a 5 minute explanation... now how about giving us a bit more than the 15 seconds you spent explaining the nuclear powered flux capacitor you built on your kitchen table?

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with the OP...

However, here are my grievances:

Who isn’t tired of amateur video editing with flashy intro graphics, non copy right music (the same shit on every type of video by the way), or the constant begging for follows, likes, subscriptions, donations, etc... just shut the hell up and get to the point of the video right? I like the skip 15 second button on mobile devices. Or better yet, some folks listen at 1.25 or 1.5 speed. May sound funny, but time is precious!

Here are my other solutions!
Use chrome and download and enable the ad blocker plugin (it’s free, they try to guilt you into donations, but everyone wants a hand out these days, cause... they feel entitled to a hand out) so give YouTube a gigantic middle finger when you are immune to ads now!!!

Want to listen to music on your mobile phone like an iPhone with the screen off? Download dolphinx web browser app for free and you can do the simple exit app, pull down hit play and you are back to listening to YouTube in the background! Screw paying YouTube for that “privilege”. Greedy bastages!

Let me know if you find any of these useful or want to know more!

Posts: 105 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm finding that no intro is probably best. At least, with firearms content.

My latest effort (about Pompeii) needed a prelude.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Unboxing videos where they tell you their life story, and just a video of a box for 5 minutes. Hickock 45 does it just right.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hickock has it down.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
DIY vids thet dwell on the least important things and ignore the complex. Yes sir, I know the difference between a flat and phillip head screwdriver... don't need a 5 minute explanation... now how about giving us a bit more than the 15 seconds you spent explaining the nuclear powered flux capacitor you built on your kitchen table?

I've seen these videos! What the hell could the creators be possibly thinking?!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they've got a lot of views, it worked for them. YouTube is an evolving platform. We have to get better or get lost in the crowd.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:

Another one.

I get what you are saying and I just recently watched a video where the guy spent a minute or so explaining why he initially incorrectly diagnosed a problem. I don't give a shit about that man, I just want to know how to fix it.

But I will say that as someone who has had to learn a lot about fixing cars and other shit around the house from the internet what some of you consider minor details that everyone should know some of us don't know. I have watched more than one video where the guy says something like "this is pretty standard so I am going to skip this part in the video" when for me I really needed that step to be shown.

I have made a few videos myself and it is hard to know when to be brief and when to go into more detail. I will just say that I try to remember that DIY videos on YouTube have saved me thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars in repair costs. I can watch a few extra seconds of someone telling me some shit I don't care about for that kind of cash.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
“But before I get into that, guys, I just wanna give a quick shout-out to some really important people that I couldn’t do this without. Just get yourself a drink and pull up a chair while I suck off at least one sponsor and maybe a few others if not just about a zillion people, and of course, you guys because you know I couldn’t do it without your love and support. Be sure to go ahead and click the like and subscribe buttons if you haven’t already, and then make sure you turn on notifications, make sure you’ve got them turned on, guys, very important. Also, be sure and check out my Twitter and my Instagram and my Facebook, #hashtag. I’m also on Twitch and Discord, same handle, be sure and follow and subscribe there as well. Please also check my webpage where I sell stuff, and if you really like what I do, please consider hitting up my Patreon page linked in the description below. Guys, it’s all gonna be linked in a box up here and here and down below, so please be sure to check those things out after the video.

Alright guys, today we’re going to be taking a look at...”

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Unboxing videos where they tell you their life story, and just a video of a box for 5 minutes. Hickock 45 does it just right.

Unboxing videos are simply the dumbest, period. One second long video is too long, already. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
“But before I get into that, guys, I just wanna give a quick shout-out to some really important people that I couldn’t do this without. Just get yourself a drink and pull up a chair while I suck off at least one sponsor and maybe a few others if not just about a zillion people, and of course, you guys because you know I couldn’t do it without your love and support. Be sure to go ahead and click the like and subscribe buttons if you haven’t already, and then make sure you turn on notifications, make sure you’ve got them turned on, guys, very important. Also, be sure and check out my Twitter and my Instagram and my Facebook, #hashtag. I’m also on Twitch and Discord, same handle, be sure and follow and subscribe there as well. Please also check my webpage where I sell stuff, and if you really like what I do, please consider hitting up my Patreon page linked in the description below. Guys, it’s all gonna be linked in a box up here and here and down below, so please be sure to check those things out after the video.

Alright guys, today we’re going to be taking a look at...”

There are several YouTube "Gurus" who are touting those pitches. I tried subscribing to one but it was truly nonproductive.