SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lyme Disease Patrol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lyme Disease Patrol Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...bcU&feature=youtu.be

Get ready, get set, POUNCE Smile

Best way to keep Lyme Disease in check is reduce the mouse population and deer population as well.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last year I was driving by our local township offices late at night and saw 3 fox kits running around under the lights of the parking lot. After I saw them again, I would go up at night and park in the lot just watch them play.
They were fast and athletic. It was a hoot!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of this. Which we joke is the exact move our kitty Black does before pouncing on us.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/D2SoGHFM18I

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
We get a bunch in the yard come springtime...backyard dies into thick woods, we have the yard sprayed 2-3 times a year. Don't need them on my kids or cat

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMzwx6QOETs

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
That fox smells something under the sheets.

The British tried to raise foxes to find cadavers but they had trouble with the foxes biting the handlers.

It is funny how they always pounce and I assume they are trying to stunt their prey. I have some videos of them barking and hunting mice in the snow cover.

The foxes had a den on the back of my property but have not used it in the past two years due to a skunk or other animal taking over. The pups play all day and even at night. Their only enemy are cars and coyotes.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Heads up alert, I recently read that Possums, that right, ugly possums, can eat over 5000 ticks a year and do not carry Lyme themselves. So treat the possums as if they are your best buddys.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And possums rarely get rabies because of their low body temps! Ugly as sin, but they do serve a role!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post