SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Incompetent workers who fail to carry out simple changes - Electric Company and USPS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incompetent workers who fail to carry out simple changes - Electric Company and USPS Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
I was originally set to close on the sale of my house yesterday, 7/10. But at the end of June, closing was pushed back to 7/24.

I had originally set up utilities and mail to be moved to my new address on 7/10, but contacted each company back at the end of June and changed the dates to 7/24. Most of them did so. But two did apparently failed to input the change...

1) Yesterday, I get home, and the power is off at my house. Odd... Maybe we're having a blackout. Nope, no outages reported. Call the electric company. "We show a request to disconnect electric on 7/10, so we pulled the meter." That was supposed to be moved to 7/24, does it not show that in the system? "Oh, uh... Yeah, it does. So sorry about that. We'll have a technician come out within the hour and reinstall your meter". Power's reconnected within 30 minutes or so, but was off for several hours total.

2) Today, I'm waiting on an Amazon package. Mailman comes and goes. No package. No mail either. Check tracking, and it says ALERT - FORWARDED. Oh boy, I guess they never entered the cancellation into their system either, despite it being requested (and an email confirmation of the cancellation sent by USPS) back on 6/26/20. And of course, the Post Office is closed by now. So I fired off an online complaint to Customer Service, and get an auto response saying they'll get back with me in 1 business day. We'll see how long it actually takes the Postal Service to unfuck this... Probably just in time for me to actually move on the 24th. Roll Eyes And who knows what'll happen to the packages and mail that are bouncing around between two addresses right now.

I swear, I'm never moving again. Ever. They're going to have to haul my corpse out of the new house whenever I finally croak in 50+ years. Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I don't know why but a quote from some movie "Like A Monkey Fucking A Football" just came to mind.

My sympathies to you, I had problems this week with trying to communicate to a sales person exactly what I wanted. I swear it went in one ear and out the other. No one gives a crap.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your power was off by mistake and they reconnected within 30 minutes after you called them . Sounds like a good day . God bless America . Big Grin

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post