SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Brownells and Shipping (SurePost)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brownells and Shipping (SurePost) Login/Join 
posted
So I collected a few items that I needed and found an applicable coupon. Went thru the Brownells online ordering process with ease.

When I got to the shipping page, Standard Shipping was $3.95. But it did not indicate it was SurePost Shipping. I avoid that like the plaque it is. Shipping was indicated for 5-7 business days.

A few days later - I look at the email for a tracking number and then note that is is SurePost (Crap-tacular!!!!!). And the estimated delivery is in 2 weeks!!!!! I can walk to their warehouse and bring it home quicker than that.

So I called Brownells and expressed my disappointment that the standard shipping is not labeled as SurePost. And when I asked about the refund for the NOT 5-7 business days of shipping, "We hope it will get there earlier, Call us back if it doesn't". I told them I'd be sure to post this unpleasant experience everywhere I could - thank you.

ASSHATS!!!!

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Good Fast Cheap.

Pick 2.

Or if you use Brownells often, pay $49.95 a year for unlimited free 2-day shipping, any size order.

Order once a month and you are good to go!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I ran into this practice of not informing customers that "standard shipping" is SurePost on another website. To me it is false advertising, as there is no way it will get to you in the time frame promised.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute. You asked about the 5-7 day shipping refund, and they said to call them if it doesn't get there in 5-7 days. What did you want them to do instead? Preemptively refund you?

So you're upset that they didn't refund your shipping costs even though you have yet to suffer a loss of service? Sounds like you're seeking out some butt-hurt a little early. Why not wait until the 8th day, give Brownells a call, and then give them the opportunity to make it right? Then you leaving bad reviews everywhere would be justified. Calling them ASSHATS now seems a bit premature.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As most will concur.... SurePost will fail in the projected delivery. In fact, their projected delivery day was 4 Mar. So that is 9 business days from the date of order. So "preemptively" asking for the refund is not out of order in my opinion.

I'm pissed because the shipping via SurePost was not indicated. And if I had known about it ahead of time.....I would have gladly paid to avoid it.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Get their Edge membership, for <$50 it includes free 2Day shipping on most orders except bulky/heavy item orders. If you order say more than 5 times a year it pays for itself.

Wait until they run a 10~15% store wide sale before you purchase Edge and the deal is even better.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:
As most will concur.... SurePost will fail in the projected delivery. In fact, their projected delivery day was 4 Mar. So that is 9 business days from the date of order. So "preemptively" asking for the refund is not out of order in my opinion.

In my experience, Surepost always arrives earlier than the projected date, they're usually only about 1~2 days slower than the normal methods but YMMV. I think the Brownell's Rep is getting at is that you may still get your stuff within the 5-7 date estimate.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I order anything from anywhere, I expect prompt filling of the order, packaging and getting the package off to the shipper...After that, all bets are off, when it gets here, it gets here... Life is easier this way.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Seems no matter the item from Brownells, a barrel/stock or a small part, it arrives exactly seven days after I order it.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think i have ordered my last from brownells. Picked up the last bits for my fm products upper, it said it would be here this friday. It has not shipped yet. Add this to my past issue with the "we did not recieve your ffl" for 3 weeks, and several items i ordered now magically back ordered weeks into them not being shipped. Brownells can go fuck themselves.

I will add that brownells is not cheap. They are retail prices. The only reason i have ever used them is because they typically have things instock. The last two months make me question that greatly. Everything's shipping time is 10 to 21 days for me. Fuck that, that reminds me of drop shipping. How about they get off fucking instagram, facebook, stop making shit magnum pi vids. Answer their damn emails, look in the fax tray, pack some fucking boxes and send shit that has been ordered.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I use to buy a things from Brownells and even paid for the shipping service they offer (or offered at the time). Then I learned it was SurePost. I'm sure I could have cancelled earlier and gotten a partial refund but I waited until the year ended and then just stopped buying from Brownells.

I had two or three shipments where the USPs tracking showed the package bounced back and forth between two postal distribution centers. Took almost a week before stuff got out of that loop.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well they sent me an email saying the product would ship and be here this friday. Click their tracking link and it says it will be here wednesday.

I tried to find a way to leave a review, it seems to about as hopeless as getting them to ship anything on time.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Wait a minute. You asked about the 5-7 day shipping refund, and they said to call them if it doesn't get there in 5-7 days. What did you want them to do instead? Preemptively refund you?

So you're upset that they didn't refund your shipping costs even though you have yet to suffer a loss of service? Sounds like you're seeking out some butt-hurt a little early. Why not wait until the 8th day, give Brownells a call, and then give them the opportunity to make it right? Then you leaving bad reviews everywhere would be justified. Calling them ASSHATS now seems a bit premature.

Big Grin

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

Big Grin

Last time i called i was 14 days 10 business . They still had not shipped. This was back in 2012/13 ish. I called. They said iw was boxed and shipping out that day. Sure enough a lable and tracking code were emailed to me.

21 days later it arrived. I tried to cancel numerous times.

Till this year i refused to use them again. They had what i was looking for. Hell i recieved my e file form one for a suppressor faster than i have my last 3 orders.

Update, checked the tracking link. Instead of delivery the 1st like i was shown when i ordered, or the 6th like i was shown in my original tracing number link, i am now told it will be here friday the 8th.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,