SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Okay I already knew da wimmins was crazy but...(update on page 3, she texted me again)
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Okay I already knew da wimmins was crazy but...(update on page 3, she texted me again) Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
Okay I've always been convinced women were crazy. But now I'm more than convinced. This is likely a boring story but so fucked up I feel the need to document it.

Okay so this is what basically happened... Having beers at the local watering hole just before my vacation a few weeks ago. It was a Thursday Karaoke night, not my normal bar night. I had Friday off and a seemingly nice cute woman decides to chat with me. She seems interested.

She give me her card and says to text her when I'm back from vacation. So back from vacation I text her, we chat a bit and she says next few weeks are busy with her parents visiting. I say maybe we can get together after that. She says that would be nice. I leave it at that. I figure ball in her court.

Okay tonight she texts and says that she may be able to go to the local bar after book club tonight but can't promise because she doesn't know how long book club (i.e. wine club) will be. I tell her I'll probably go have a few beers regardless and maybe I'll see her. She says she will text me.

I'm at the bar on beer #1 and she shows up and sits next to me. We chat a few minutes and she says she is part of a group because of karoake there (which I already knew). She excuses herself for something. Then she comes back and the fun starts. She tells me "Hey, so since you were on vacation I started seeing someone and he is on his way here."

WTF, really What the living FUCK! Why would you text me that you were going to the bar. Then you make plans with a different guy? Totally fucked up. I acted nice and said no worries, at least we could be friends yada yada yada.

She then disappears for a bit. Comes back as I'm sucking back another beer in total disbelief and she says if I'm gonna join her group of karaoke folks I should come over to their table. Umm, no I don't think so. Hell I don't do Karaoke and I was only there that other Thursday because I had an unusual Friday off. You just told me you were meeting your new guy after chatting me up. She tells me how she doesn't like to see someone drinking alone and that's why she originally sat with me and chatted. Well guess what honey, if I'm at the bar wearing a Fucking Slayer T-shirt then I'm not looking for any sympathy chat. Jesus.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: frayedends,

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you were / are plan B if her other date doesn't fit in her plans.
Ghost away....

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Sounds like you were / are plan B if her other date doesn't fit in her plans.
Ghost away....

Yeah that's what I think too. She didn't expect me to show up unless she texted me. But I go there for beers all the time so I figured I'd go whether she made it or not. Fucked up her plans.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Stay outa bars.

But you will still meet crazy women.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
Stay outa bars.

But you will still meet crazy women.

The crazy bar women. Kind of my favorite, but yes, stay outta bars.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Sounds like you were / are plan B if her other date doesn't fit in her Pants
Ghost away....

Fixed it for ya.
Most bar women are like this. Hell, even the barmaids at most places. Fun though. Big Grin

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
They tend to do the weirdest shit.

I could live a thousand years and still not learn enough to even begin describing it.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Or is it her way of making herself sought after so that she doesn't seem desperate and she wants you to pursue her?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Or is it her way of making herself sought after so that she doesn't seem desperate and she wants you to pursue her?

I don't think so. If so it didn't work. I deleted her texts, deleted her as a contact and threw her business card in the trash. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
This may sound crazy, but it sounds to me she was angling for a three-way.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
This may sound crazy, but it sounds to me she was angling for a three-way.

Hmm interesting thought but I don't think so. Hard to say why but it wasn't the feeling I got. Anyhow if she had said she started seeing a girl I'd have joined her for a while. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You missed out! She was going to set you up with her horny friend. Where have you been all your life. You need to get out more often. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Divorced life is crazy, don't take it personally and don't think of anything serious for quite awhile.

And remember, your stock will only increase with age... Single divorced wimmins, not so much...

So never put your eggs in one basket, because they aren't. I mean when it's time to be exclusive, be exclusive - but until then don't let opportunities pass you by because you are texting some chick at book club.

Oh, and don't be so available / accommodating, seems counter-intuitive, but it comes across as needy and desperate. Chicks hate that.

Maybe you weren't being that way, but being semi-unavailable to them will make them want to seek you out - ie "I'm so hot, why isn't this guy falling over me? I gotta figure out what his deal is". Then they'll chase you, not the other way around. Which is what you want.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm at the bar on beer #1 and she shows up and sits next to me. We chat a few minutes and she says she is part of a group because of karoake there (which I already knew). She excuses herself for something. Then she comes back and the fun starts. She tells me "Hey, so since you were on vacation I started seeing someone and he is on his way here."

Why do the words from "Give me three steps" come to mind?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Beware of the seemstress.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Was she, by chance, 30something?

We talked about that last week Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
I agree with Fred.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
You missed out! She was going to set you up with her horny friend. Where have you been all your life. You need to get out more often. Big Grin

^^^This^^^ is the first thought that came to my mind, too. She wanted to get you back to the table with her karaoke friends so she could introduce you.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Just realized it's possible she texted me by mistake the first time last night and meant to text the other guy. Then me showing up caused the issue.

These go to eleven.