SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Okay I already knew da wimmins was crazy but...(update on page 3, she texted me again)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Okay I already knew da wimmins was crazy but...(update on page 3, she texted me again) Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Aaaaaaand I'm going for drinks with her tomorrow night! WTF. LOL. Okay she texted me again and said she isn't into games and that the whole first meeting thing was a mistake. She thought I was very nice to reach out and treat her nice after that. She asked for a fresh start. She definitely isn't looking for any sugar daddy. She is in a better position than me based on what I can tell (she's a local successful realtor).

I figured what the hell. I got nothing to lose by going out for a drink and seeing what's up.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Sleep on your stomach afterwards

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

Okay I'm a bit slow tonight. I don't get it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Aaaaaaand I'm going for drinks with her tomorrow night! WTF. LOL. Okay she texted me again and said she isn't into games and that the whole first meeting thing was a mistake. She thought I was very nice to reach out and treat her nice after that. She asked for a fresh start. She definitely isn't looking for any sugar daddy. She is in a better position than me based on what I can tell (she's a local successful realtor).

I figured what the hell. I got nothing to lose by going out for a drink and seeing what's up.

I think you played this pretty well. You never want to come off as desperate, and the fact that you didn't jump at the chance to meet up with her again probably piqued her interest.

And to the people who said she's probably nuts or crazy - they all are.

Good luck!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Hopefully all goes well enough for this sort of end to the evening:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/hkBgCKhG7j4

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
She tells me how she doesn't like to see someone drinking alone and that's why she originally sat with me and chatted.

What are your expectations? If superficial, don't matter.

If prospective then maybe consider:
1) if you do start dating, what if she's out at a bar without you and sees a guy drinking alone..... Okay with chatting him up?
2) maybe not have this thread in case you do like her, you hit it off and then she runs across this thread somehow.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:

Okay I'm a bit slow tonight. I don't get it.

I don't either.

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Can't be Bobbitized if you're sleeping on your stomach.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

No, but you can lose your kidneys and wake up in a bathtub full of ice.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think she wants to show you her basement......you know where she has her dungeon......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

No, but you can lose your kidneys and wake up in a bathtub full of ice.
front or back, she can still glue your testicles to your leg (Two and a half men)

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
ROFL. I win!

Yea, not so much.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
ROFL. I win!

Yea, not so much.

LOL I know right. Well I still sort of win because she came back after me. Her text was at 7 am. My female coworkers say she had to be thinking about it all night.

Hopefully the worst I have to worry about is it not going smoothly. Hopefully I’ll have all my, umm, organs intact.

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
She tells me how she doesn't like to see someone drinking alone and that's why she originally sat with me and chatted.

What are your expectations? If superficial, don't matter.

If prospective then maybe consider:
1) if you do start dating, what if she's out at a bar without you and sees a guy drinking alone..... Okay with chatting him up?
2) maybe not have this thread in case you do like her, you hit it off and then she runs across this thread somehow.....

Yeah that one comment does have me curious. I was surprised she started pursuing me after that. Perhaps it will come up in conversation. My friends seem to think she was just in an awkward situation that night and didn’t know what to say.

These go to eleven.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Shields up, bullshit radar on highest sensitivity setting, keep smoke grenades handy for quick exit.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You are getting played my friend.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's a negative, frayedends. Wave off... wave off! Eject! Eject! Eject!

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
What is the angle? What’s in this for her if I’m getting played? I’m not too concerned. I will pick up on things pretty quick. I don’t have money for her to scam me out of. Smile

These go to eleven.

Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the angle? What’s in this for her if I’m getting played? I’m not too concerned. I will pick up on things pretty quick. I don’t have money for her to scam me out of. Smile

Control.

Wink

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope you don't live to regret this decision. But, as a distant observer and one who has walked in those shoes, I suspect that you will.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post