SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Amazon and shady order cancellations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon and shady order cancellations Login/Join 
posted
I ordered a hitch pin for my riding lawn mower for $6. At checkout it said the shipment would be delayed and sent out next week when the product was back in stock. No worries.

I get an email yesterday saying the item shipped. I get an email today saying the item was damaged in shipping and a return credit has been issued to my account.

Ok, but I still want the item. How you damage a small metal rod is beyond me. Why do they not just send out another one. I go back to reorder the item and it is now $16. How the hell did the price more than double. I do an online chat and they say they will honor the original price.

Seems to me someone messed up and had the item listed at the wrong price and the damage return was a way to cancel the sale.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Was the item shipped directly from Amazon or through one of their vendors? Contact Amazon customer service. They'll remedy the situation.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Was the item shipped directly from Amazon or through one of their vendors? Contact Amazon customer service. They'll remedy the situation.
quote:
From the Original Post:

I do an online chat and they say they will honor the original price.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

quote:
From the Original Post:

I do an online chat and they say they will honor the original price.

Missed that, thanks.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a similar thing happen, but it was first reported as "couldn't access building" I called and informed them that its a house and the rest of the order was delivered that day. Then it became a "product was damaged replacement sent". that second shipment then became "damaged, delivery cancelled refund issued".

All of this was through Amazon delivery too, not UPS or surepost.

***edit***

Forgot to add that this too was an inexpensive little item, $7 for some 1/4" socket rail clips. I see the price is indeed up on them now, but its only like $9 now. The shitty thing is that I don't have prime so I usually wait till i have enough in my cart for the free shipping and thats what this was, but now I have to wait to order again until I get over the free ship threshold again.

So if this was a vendor issue (it was not Amazon) why would amazon cover for them and make up shipping issues.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That just happened to us, daughter wants a chair for her house, we had it in the cart, mom buys at $175, they cancel it and we have to rebuy at $205 no reason other than order cancelled.

I think I'll chat them up..

Posts: 23432 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post