SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can't escape the Karens, even in Alaska
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't escape the Karens, even in Alaska Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I had one bitch at me in a freakin parking lot a couple months ago. “You need to wear a mask!” I stopped, looked at her and in a deadpan monotone said, “Yeah I’ll get right on that sweetheart.” I thought she was going to have a stroke on the spot. I just shrugged and kept walking.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened to me yesterday. After she said I should wear a mask, I told her a paper sack to cover her whole head would be great too.

Yes, she was pissed but kept walking.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't want you or your dog anywhere near me!"

Answer: Move to Ohio.

Question: "Can I pet your dog?"

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you think that’s bad, try pulling over a Karen. Some of the most satisfying and memorable tickets I ever wrote went to some Karens.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Denali was absolutely crystal clear today, this NEVER happens.
I was stationed at Fort Richardson from 1979-1983. Several times over those years I could open my front door, step out on the porch and clearly see Denali way off in the distance.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Question: "Can I pet your dog?"

Answer:

"Bandit sit!"

"Yes, you may."

You'd get along fine with Bandit. His temperament is similar my Akitas that have come before him. Loyal, protective and very particular with his people.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Well done!

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Recall pulling duty at the Ft. Wainwright hospital. I always took time to look South and see Denali shining in the morning sun. Damn, I still miss it.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the spot right next to you was not the last spot left in the lot, she can go shit in her hat. She had to go out of her way to be offended.

If the spot right next to you was the last spot, she can can go shit in her hat, stay away from you while you load up, and enjoy the view. That was the reason for her stopping there, right?

Either way, good rant. And Karen can go shit in her hat.

Also: Maybe her name wasn't Karen, but her husband had had enough of her shit, too.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...en-costume-2020.html

"'The Karen' is set to be the most popular Halloween costume of 2020: Party-goers splurge on blonde wigs, 'I Want To Speak To The Manager' t-shirts and $180 face masks to transform into enraged white woman
Thousands of Americans are getting ready to dress up as a 'Karen' for Halloween, according to a new article in Vice "

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I don't think you told her to fuck off enough.

It's sad we have folks like this EVERYWHERE you go these days. I applaud your self control.

I'll be in King Salmon in a week or so. If you were closer, I'd stop by and buy ya a beer. Enjoy the great north. It's beautiful. But as I age, I just don't think I could live there.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a Karen next to me a week or so ago on a deadhead flight. Got upgraded to first class and sitting there minding my own business with my mask on. Lady comes in late and plops her dog on the seat next to me while she loads her luggage in the overhead bin. Then she sits down, picks up the dog and wipes down the area with a clorox wipe. Something stinks, I figure its the dog but it could have been the lady, not sure.

I'm not a dog person, don't care for folks too fragile to fly without their dog, and sure don't care for smelly dogs, but I kept my mouth shut and my feelings about this dog with its head on the armrest and breathing all over me to myself.

FA offers me a drink so I ask for a diet DP and take off my mask to drink it. I see Karen getting slightly frantic about something and trying to flag down the FA but she can't seem to get her attention. I figure she just decided she would like a drink too.

Couple of minutes go by and she grabs her dog and goes up front by the bathroom and disappears behind the bulkhead where the FA was sitting. FA comes over to me and says that Karen would like me to wear my mask. I said I'm drinking my soda. The FA says she just wants to inform me of the airlines policy. I said so she can have a dog breathing all over me but I have to wear a mask while I'm drinking? FA heads back to her seat in front of the bulkhead and soon Karen returns to her seat. I am seething.

So I continue to drink my soda and Karen is sitting there fidgeting in her seat and after a minute or so goes back up to the front with her dog.

After I finished my soda I put on my mask and Karen came back and sat down. As we prepared for the descent and the FAs came by to check on us I asked her for the record to confirm their policy of me having to wear a mask while I am drinking a soda and no mask for the dog. Karen starts to engage me (finally) and I just said "I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to her". The FA just moved on down the aisle without a reply and Karen continued babbling about seeing somebody. I said I don't give a shit to myself and my mask and tried to ignore her and the dog for the rest of the flight.

I know we have a lot of dog lovers on here and I am not worried about getting the Rona from a dog, but I don't really appreciate sharing my armrest with one. The difference between me and Karen though is I am willing to ignore certain encroachments on my life without making a fuss about them. Karens aren't able to do the same, so yeah, fuck them.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Roy, I have connections to always turn my working k9's into full service dogs with tags which would allow me to take them anywhere I want including a flight. Say a 8 hour flight. The dog would be at my feet and never move unless I go to the restroom at which point I'd have to figure out how to get both of us in that stall. I digress....what I'm saying is I'd never take them on the plane, period. I have flown with my dogs, but they are in cargo, in a crate. I have to arrive to the airport early to take care of this. Takes longer at destination as well but that's the way to do it. The cabin is for fucking humans only.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...en-costume-2020.html

"'The Karen' is set to be the most popular Halloween costume of 2020: Party-goers splurge on blonde wigs, 'I Want To Speak To The Manager' t-shirts and $180 face masks to transform into enraged white woman
Thousands of Americans are getting ready to dress up as a 'Karen' for Halloween, according to a new article in Vice "

LMFAO!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
The cabin is for fucking humans only.

Eeeeww! I sure hope they sanitize the seats between flights. Look at the next 20 people you see out and about, and tell us how many of them you'd like to see nekkid. Bet the number approaches zero.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Guess I was lucky, I saw Denali for about 1 minute while on a 2 week visit to Alaska.

Visited Talkeetna, just had to go to Nagley's store.

What did Bandit say about this confrontation?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:

I'm not a dog person, don't care for folks too fragile to fly without their dog

I *am* a dog person, and the trend bothers the hell out of me, too.

I pray for the day airlines collectively grow a set of balls about non-Service Dogs.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
What did Bandit say about this confrontation?

Not much of anything, just sat beside me staring at her the whole time.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Quick way to get ol' vthoky to turn stubborn: Start screeching at him with "You need to [whatever]!"

Sorry, pal, not on my list of needs. Maybe on your list of immediate wants, but likely not on my list of needs. Stop screeching and maybe we'll discuss.

Great pic and pretty dog, OP.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Outstanding responses.

Were there only 3 parking spaces? Why'd they park right next to you to begin with?

The same reason there are six other urinals and these millennials have to pick the one right next to you. Guess they are scared to do anything by themselves

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post