SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My Recent Walmart.com Experience
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Recent Walmart.com Experience Login/Join 
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted
I find myself in need of something safe related and that is available through one of my suppliers. I'm curious as to what they are currently retailing for so I do a Google search. I find a result on Walmart.com that is a decent amount less than my distributor charges me, so I place my order with them.

This isn't something Walmart sells. It's sold through a "partner" on Walmart's website. It shows the photo of the item I'm looking for, the model number of the item I'm looking for, and the complete description of the item I'm looking for. I order four of them at a cost of just over $500.

Fedex shows up Monday morning with a box. Entirely too small and too light to be what I ordered yet the tracking number matched. I opened it and it was four completely different and unrelated items although made by the same manufacturer.

I call Walmart customer service. They barely speak English. They attempt to contact the seller when I'm on the phone with no luck. They say they will "escalate" the situation and I will hear back from them on Tuesday. No contact on Tuesday.

Today I track down the seller's number. They also have their own website. It appears to be a good sized operation, not some mom and pop shop.

The woman on the phone tells me that there's a "glitch" on the Walmart website and that they do not have the advertised product available for sale. When you place an order for the advertised product, the "glitch" puts in an order for something different. Yet to my surprise, they have what I ordered listed on their website at a much higher price.

Doesn't sound like a "glitch". It sounds like they don't want to sell it for the price they were advertising it for.

So I now have some small steel shelves (think shelves inside of a safe) that they charged me $500 for. I just told her I'd have the credit card company reverse the charges. If she wants to drive down here to pick up the shelves she can have them back........

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Walmart.com has turned into the Amazon Marketplate, only even less policed. Lots of foreign sellers, counterfeit goods, incorrect listings, etc.

Avoid third-party sellers. Only do business with Amazon or Walmart directly.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Yeah, Walmart.com has turned into the Amazon Marketplate, only even less policed. Lots of foreign sellers, counterfeit goods, incorrect listings, etc.

Been my experience with ordering via internet from wally world.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I call Walmart customer service. They barely speak English.

Was it, in fact, Wal-Mart's "customer service," and not that of the third party?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was it, in fact, Wal-Mart's "customer service," and not that of the third party?

Surprisingly yes. On Walmart's end you have to go online, fill out some information, and then they call you. Clearly a foreigner.

I had to track down the seller today. They were here in the US.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have only ordered a few things and I have had them shipped to store, figuring if there was a problem I would be in the right place. All of the orders were correct so far.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Walmart ship to store has been IMPRESSIVE for me. I get an email that the item is in stock, I walk up to the kiosk in front of the store, scan my smart phone, and the item is brought out to me in less than 30 seconds. And this is 10 orders out of 10. Very impressed with their ship to store process at my store.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've never had a problem with their free shipping to your store. Usually there in just a few days, they call me and I run down and pick it up and it is always waiting for me at the customer service desk. Easy peasy.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

So then it became Newegg.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
walmart.com, walmart distribution, and walmart stores are three different companies with the same name. Walmart stores employees hate walmart.com as much as .com customers hate .com.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Walmart ship to store has been IMPRESSIVE for me. I get an email that the item is in stock, I walk up to the kiosk in front of the store, scan my smart phone, and the item is brought out to me in less than 30 seconds. And this is 10 orders out of 10. Very impressed with their ship to store process at my store.

I wish that is how it worked the few times I have tried. It is usually an auto-attendant announcing I need assistance, someone getting annoyed with it and shutting it off saying the person that does online pickup will be right with me ... 15 minutes later.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like someone to pinpoint the exact time ,place and person who decided that
" That was a corporate decision" became the answer to every single question by people in the retail industry.

big box stores are the worst, Sam's, Costco , all of them.

I'll be Sears had something to do with that nonsense ,

Lets piss off most of the customers and then let Skippy , $4.50 an hour deal with all the verbiage.

Just another facet of how American people choose to disavow responsibility

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post