SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Deleting locations on an iPhone
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deleting locations on an iPhone Login/Join 
Picture of BrianC
posted
I recently made a business trip and ended up with a lot of locations on my maps function that I'll never need again (or never used in the first place). I've done extensive Google searches on how to delete them, none of them work. Any ideas?

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
What version of iOS are you using? I have the latest (11.4). Here are instructions that may or may not work for you:

1. Open Settings
2. Open Privacy
3. Open Location Services
(You can disable ALL location services here, if you wish).
4. Scroll all the way down and open System Services
5. Find and open Significant Locations (you will need to authenticate)
(Here you can turn off future location captures)
6. The history of "significant locations" is below the ON/OFF setting.
7. Tap each location you wish to delete.
8. In the resulting map display, slide each location you wish to delete to the left. A red "Delete" button shows.
9. Tap the red Delete button
Repeat for each location you wish to remove.

10. Or, you can scroll to the bottom and use the "Clear History" button.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to know that.

Works perfectly. Now if I can just remember it.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Good info. I decided to try a Galaxy 7 in January and have hated it from the beginning. Company just decided to go all in with ATT and are giving us all new phones. Iphone 8 showed up yesterday.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
Now if I can just remember it.

Do what I do when something's really important: Print it out on paper and file it someplace. Paper is more durable than memory or the Ethernet.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post