I recently made a business trip and ended up with a lot of locations on my maps function that I'll never need again (or never used in the first place). I've done extensive Google searches on how to delete them, none of them work. Any ideas?
Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing.
What version of iOS are you using? I have the latest (11.4). Here are instructions that may or may not work for you:
1. Open Settings
2. Open Privacy
3. Open Location Services
(You can disable ALL location services here, if you wish).
4. Scroll all the way down and open System Services
5. Find and open Significant Locations (you will need to authenticate)
(Here you can turn off future location captures)
6. The history of "significant locations" is below the ON/OFF setting.
7. Tap each location you wish to delete.
8. In the resulting map display, slide each location you wish to delete to the left. A red "Delete" button shows.
9. Tap the red Delete button
Repeat for each location you wish to remove.
10. Or, you can scroll to the bottom and use the "Clear History" button.
Don't believe everything you think.
NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member
|Just Hanging Around|
I'm glad to know that.
Works perfectly. Now if I can just remember it.
Yo Macklin, great party, but no whiskey. We go home now.
Good info. I decided to try a Galaxy 7 in January and have hated it from the beginning. Company just decided to go all in with ATT and are giving us all new phones. Iphone 8 showed up yesterday.
NRA Life Member
Sig 238, 230, 228, 220, 2022
Do what I do when something's really important: Print it out on paper and file it someplace. Paper is more durable than memory or the Ethernet.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken
|Powered by Social Strata|