SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bacon.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bacon..... Login/Join 
posted
...how hard is it to completely cook Bacon?

I find it easy, for me and the GF....maybe not as easy to cook Bacon for say 30 people, as determined at three restaurants.

Our M/C group went to a Sunday brunch restaurant. This is the third place where the Bacon was undercooked and the sausage links were way overcooked. I sent the Bacon back which was replaced with over cooked sausage.

I got my check, paid and tipped the clueless waitress and left.

I guess real good "Short order" cooks are in short supply?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I always order my bacon crispy and that takes care of it. Otherwise yes it usually comes undercooked...

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
When ever I cooked bacon for large groups of people I did it on large baking pans in the oven. Never had a problem under cooking or over cooking.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
I always order my bacon crispy and that takes care of it. Otherwise yes it usually comes undercooked...

I did order crispy Bacon and browned hash brown potatoes. Everything but eggs came out undercooked.

Many restaurants in Tucson, but few good ones.

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I actually prefer my bacon on the chewier, medium-rare side. Super crispy bacon just isn't appealing to me, it's gotta have some chew.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Why did you still leave a tip?

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Not the wait staff's fault?

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I actually prefer my bacon on the chewier, medium-rare side. Super crispy bacon just isn't appealing to me, it's gotta have some chew.

That's the way I like them too. Otherwise, what's the point of having bacon if you burnt off all the bacon fat.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Used to be a Mexican cafe here in Jerkwater that served their bacon and fried eggs almost raw. The fat on the bacon was just translucent. And the white of an "over medium" egg was still clear inside.

The owner is in prison now.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Used to be a Mexican cafe here in Jerkwater that served their bacon and fried eggs almost raw. The fat on the bacon was just translucent. And the white of an "over medium" egg was still clear inside.

The owner is in prison now.

So you're saying his bacon's getting cooked nowadays?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You try Oink! yet?

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jmalb:
You try Oink! yet?

Yes, a couple of weeks ago at the one on Broadway and Kolb. I didn't order bacon but friends with me did and said worst Bacon they ever tried to eat and left it on the plates.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Not sure that I always agree with Mr. Goat. If I order something cooked specifically, such as well done bacon, the wait(less) knows what I ordered. The order should be checked before s/he even brings it out of the kitchen, and if not cooked correctly, it should be kicked back at that point.

Paid for the order and left? Not me. If it's inedible, if I don't eat it because it's not what I ordered, the manager will be summoned, an explanation given, and if I opt to leave at that time I will not be paying.

Then again, I have already chimed in on another thread about Old Guys, referencing my decreased ability, with increasing age, to tolerate crap.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh I hate crispy bacon.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So, the wait staff's only purpose is to bring the food out, and not look at it? They need to review the product and make sure it is to order.

Don't play the victim here, take some responsibility.

Posts: 178 | Registered: January 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quality food while traveling ,there is almost no way around getting a poor meal or three .

If only there were a way for bikers to communicate with each other , to exchange information about where to eat and what to avoid.

a web site maybe designed for bikers, specifically for hotel,motel, diner, bars and restaurants and fast food or sandwich shops.

Imagine a site that 8 or ten bike clubs from oxnard to Vegas and flagstaff from San Diego and tuscon could use to pre plan their rides.

passing by the 12 or 15 grease pits with gross food and high lighting the 9 or 10 better than average spots that truly work to provide good food and service .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Many restaurants in Tucson, but few good ones.

There's always Frank's...

--
When you rest your steak and your whiskey upon the table you have made, you feel pretty goddamn tall for keeping those treats off the ground.

Posts: 2167 | Location: Arizona | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kranky:
quote:
quote:

So, the wait staff's only purpose is to bring the food out, and not look at it? They need to review the product and make sure it is to order.

Don't play the victim here, take some responsibility.

Tip your server based on their job. You think a server is going to last long at a job where they are constantly giving THEIR opinion on the food the chef/cooks prepare? Have them pass along your complaints but don't take it out on them.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Crisp bacon and done eggs. How anyone can eat an egg sunnyside up is beyond me.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
When ever I cooked bacon for large groups of people I did it on large baking pans in the oven. Never had a problem under cooking or over cooking.

bingo.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post