SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Bacon.....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bacon..... Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
Crisp bacon and done eggs. How anyone can eat an egg sunnyside up is beyond me.

I don't like runny whites either, but I LOVE me some sunny-side-up eggs done right.
There's a trick to it:

Fry the egg as usual until the yoke just starts to skin over and the white is about 3/4 done but still runny on the top. Have a lid that fits the frying pan (preferably glass so you can see what's going on) handy and add a good dollop of water and pop the lid on.

The resulting steam will cook the rest of the white without drying out the yolk. As soon as the white is done, remove the lid and flip the egg onto a dish. If you leave it in the pan you may over-cook it.

YUMMY!

Of course, if you don't like runny yolks to dip yer toast in, this wouldn't be for you.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I cook it until the white is nearly cooked all the way then flip it for about 30 seconds max. MMM gotta have some yolk to dip my toast in.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I am going to eat bacon on a sandwich, I like it crispy so it will break when I bite into it & not drag half the sandwich out with it like it does if it is on the undercooked side. If I eating it by itself, I prefer it on the underdone side. My ex's sister use to eat raw bacon. She'd cook some for her guests & eat strips of it raw as she had theirs in the pan. Nothing better than the smell of bacon frying early in the morning.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Personally I prefer my food on the not so cooked side but I don't mind if my bacon is crispy. Like I tell my wife: there's no such thing as burned bacon, only crispy bacon. Big Grin

I like my steak and burgers medium rare. I like my eggs over easy.

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Next time take your own bacon and have them heat it up. Big Grin Maybe they will get the message.

Back in the early 70's, a bar in Lynchburg had pretzels but no mustard. We complained to get their attention but no luck on the mustard.

So the next time we took a quart jar of French's mustard and had them put it some small dishes for dipping the pretzels.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I hate overly crispy (crumbly) bacon. It must have a balance of chewy and light crisp.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post