SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Upselling At Fast Food Drive-Through
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upselling At Fast Food Drive-Through Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

No biggie. Just not a mayo guy. The word around here is that Dukes is better than Hellmans all day long. So there is that.
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Your spicy chicken biscuit -- that's on the breakfast menu? WOW! Where y'at? It might be road-trip time.
Road trip may set you back ~450 miles due North. Since it is breakfast, you'd have to leave early.
Hellman's used to be the only kind that we would buy. Then we tasted Duke's. Now I wait for Publix to have it on the "buy one, get one" list, and then I grab a few.

450 Miles north, that would put it around Newberry SC? We can do that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slightly off topic, but just as annoying as not giving you the right order is this. They hand your bills and coins in one pile. The coins are on top of the bills, where they slide off to the ground, or you have to carefully balance the coins on the bills as you pull your change into your car. Is it that hard to take an extra 10 seconds to give you the coins, then the bills? This drives me NUTS!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fed161,

Posts: 1042 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:

Slightly off topic, but just as annoying as not giving you the right order is this. They hand your bills and coins in one pile. The coins are on top of the bills, where they slide off to the ground, or you have to carefully balance the coins on the bills as you pull you change into your car. Is it that hard to take an extra 10 seconds to give you the coins, then the bills? This drives me NUTS!!
And this, boys and girls, is why we pay with a credit card, or even better, Apple Pay (or the Android equivalent).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot recall the last time a cashier counted my change back. It is a lost art.

You’re right on using plastic, V-Tail.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Slightly off topic, but just as annoying as not giving you the right order is this. They hand your bills and coins in one pile. The coins are on top of the bills, where they slide off to the ground, or you have to carefully balance the coins on the bills as you pull your change into your car. Is it that hard to take an extra 10 seconds to give you the coins, then the bills? This drives me NUTS!!

When I see a pile coming at me I go crocodile and ask them to hand me one thing at a time. At a Backyard had the lady manage to get my card, straw, drink, receipt and ketchup all in her mitt and reach out the window.

Uh, no.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Ask them “what can I get for $5?”

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've just given up. When the cashier at Publix or at the drive thru hands me the change, bills, receipt and straw all at once, I just take it in my left hand and, in the grocery, stuff it in my left front pocket and in the truck, drop it in the space behind the door pull handle/thingee (no idea what you call that), and humbly drive or walk away.

I tell myself I'm smart enough to pick my fights, but, really, I'm just beaten.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:

Ask them “what can I get for $5?”
A guy I used to work for would go into a fast food place, put a five dollar bill down on the counter, and say "Just give me some food."

"Sir, you have to tell us what you want."

"It doesn't matter. You're not going to give me what I ask for, anyway."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Asinine behavior

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I don't go to McDonalds often, but I have noticed the last 2 times I ordered fries, I got medium, not small.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Asinine behavior
Yes it was. It was typical of this guy. Chip on his shoulder. Almost enough to make me quit, but the work was enjoyable, the pay was excellent, and I only had to see him for a couple of hours each month while we worked out my teaching schedule.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I always order:

Give me the McFatty, just the sandwhich.

Seems to work.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

I always order:

Give me the McFatty, just the sandwhich.

Seems to work.
”Would you like fries with that?”

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Just order a Large Farva.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Don't screw with the help, guys. The person on the other end of that drive-thru speaker has even less influence than you over this kind of thing. You can bitch about it to corporate because you're a paying customer, whereas the poor soul taking your order is beholding to their employer.

The way to deal with this is simple- expect to be asked these kinds of questions and deflect them as politely as you can. Don't get me wrong- this kind of thing annoys me, too, but taking it out on some minimum wage schmoe is not the cure.

Thank you Para. I always hate reading posts about people who intentionally screw with minimum wage employees. Yeah, the girl behind the register isn’t good at math. If she was she probably wouldn’t be ringing up groceries for 8 bucks an hour. I don’t want to do it myself, nor do I want to pay 10 bucks for a loaf of bread so that the store can hire people with bachelors degrees in mathematics to work the line.

You want $50 cheeseburger service? Go to a place with $50 cheeseburgers.

+2 for the comments,

Thanks

when I was in the grocery business, folks always complaining about the help,

actually had a few folks complain about the special needs folks we employed, comments that were just amazingly rude and honestly stupid,

had one complainer ask me to hire his kid, since he was so awesome and would be better than those I had employed,
so I did,

when he was cut loose a month or so later, for a good cause, the guy was pissed,

seems his kid was not as great as he had told me he was, and I reminded him, politely, of that, after he got thru with his minor tirade,

dealing with people looks really easy from the outside, however some folks (customers and retailers) seem to want to make it harder than it needs to be

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a CFA very close to our house and another just a bit farther away. In the mornings and up till noon, (I've never been to either one after noon) they have from one to three "kids" outside on the walkway leading to the drive-thru. You give your order (they have a small menu with them, though I always know what I want), they repeat back your order, give you the price and you pay them if you are using a card, phone, etc. If cash, you pay at the pick up window. Fast and I've never had any problem.

I like it, and I really like the employees. I've have been going long enough several recognize me and exchange pleasantries.

I'm sometimes pretty cynical about the "younger" generation and I suppose that's pretty common, but these young people make me think, talking to them briefly about their lives, college, plans, that maybe we'll survive this idiocy the left seems determined to implant in our country.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I always say "nuggets only" or "sandwich only"

If I ask for meal I make that clear too.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Just order a Large Farva.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0zgTcrZ5030" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I DONT WANT A LARGE FARVA, I WANT A GD LITER OF COLA!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:

I usually just close my hand into a fist when this happens. Then I don't drop anything.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post