SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Upselling At Fast Food Drive-Through
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upselling At Fast Food Drive-Through Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

would you like a digital rectal exam to go with your bloodwork?
Uh, wait, they told me that they always do it. You mean it's not standard?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always go in, always. I catch the errors right then & there. I’m skeptical they would mess with my food, if I bellyached from the car.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
Maybe they wanted you to have the fries, so you would have something to help scrape that mayo off.

Ditto! Gross..who eats Mayo on there Chic-a-fila. Eek

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It comes with the happy ending package. Check your Medicare EOB to make sure. It has a special CPT code.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

would you like a digital rectal exam to go with your bloodwork?

Whaaaaaatttt? No dinner and movie first? Oh wait, this is dinner?

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not order by number. I used the words, "<xyz> sandwich." I did not say "<xyz> meal," I specifically said "sandwich."

This is not a one-time occurrence. It happens frequently, actually most of the time.

Happens all the time at McDonalds and Sonic here, as well. I just figure it’s due to the order taker’s not giving a shit about what they’re doing.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
"xyz, sandwich only."

It's two more words, gets you want you want and saves times with questions.

Try it.

Yep, that or “Just the sandwich” works great. I’ve yet to have it fail.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
V-tail: “Sandwich only, please.”

Order Taker: “Do you want fries with that?”
V-tail ponders the best caliber to shoot the drive-through talk box.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qfBlDLHRoY

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Don't screw with the help, guys. The person on the other end of that drive-thru speaker has even less influence than you over this kind of thing. You can bitch about it to corporate because you're a paying customer, whereas the poor soul taking your order is beholding to their employer.

The way to deal with this is simple- expect to be asked these kinds of questions and deflect them as politely as you can. Don't get me wrong- this kind of thing annoys me, too, but taking it out on some minimum wage schmoe is not the cure.

Thank you Para. I always hate reading posts about people who intentionally screw with minimum wage employees. Yeah, the girl behind the register isn’t good at math. If she was she probably wouldn’t be ringing up groceries for 8 bucks an hour. I don’t want to do it myself, nor do I want to pay 10 bucks for a loaf of bread so that the store can hire people with bachelors degrees in mathematics to work the line.

You want $50 cheeseburger service? Go to a place with $50 cheeseburgers.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Single bacon deluxe , no mayo,w/ Ket and Mus,
" Sandwich Only Please "

and a large water , thank you

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Single bacon deluxe , no mayo,w/ Ket and Mus,
" Sandwich Only Please "

and a large water , thank you
”Do you want fries with that?”

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Big Grin
sandwich only please
thank you

try this next time you walk up to the counter , inside.

this is for here,
single bacon deluxe, no mayo , w/ ket and mus. sandwich only please.

and wait for them to say

Is this for here ? or to go ?
Roll Eyes

Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Hold the Chicken

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

By the way, the fast-food place that we are talking about here, is our beloved Chick-Fil-A.

That's very surprising to me, around here they are the ONLY fast food place that won't screw up your order with competent, cheerful employees far unlike your typical BK or McDonald's worker.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

By the way, the fast-food place that we are talking about here, is our beloved Chick-Fil-A.
That's very surprising to me, around here they are the ONLY fast food place that won't screw up your order with competent, cheerful employees far unlike your typical BK or McDonald's worker.
Just about everything that you said is true, except for their compulsion to add a medium order of waffle fries to my request for a sandwich. They are always very polite and pleasant about taking the fries back and removing them from the bill, but it seems to be a song-and-dance routine that we repeat all too frequently. It's still better than any other fast food place. It's just that I don't want fries with that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
They f*** you at the DriveThru......

Leo Getz

Posts: 203 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Confused Mayo? Confused

My only gripe about Chick-fil-A is routinely getting Diet Coke when I ask for Dr. Pepper. All they hear is D... and fill the cup with the wrong syrup.

One plus about the local Chick-fil-A that I frequent, they still have the spicy chicken biscuit. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Confused Mayo? Confused

One plus about the local Chick-fil-A that I frequent, they still have the spicy chicken biscuit. Big Grin
Yup, mayo. Duke's. It's good on many things!

Your spicy chicken biscuit -- that's on the breakfast menu? WOW! Where y'at? It might be road-trip time.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No biggie. Just not a mayo guy. The word around here is that Dukes is better than Hellmans all day long. So there is that.

quote:

Your spicy chicken biscuit -- that's on the breakfast menu? WOW! Where y'at? It might be road-trip time.

Road trip may set you back ~450 miles due North. Since it is breakfast, you'd have to leave early.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post