SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    GF and spare mags.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GF and spare mags. Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
The gf carries a p238.
It's a little .380 with only a few rounds per mag so I bought her 2 extra mags to cart around with it and filled em with hollows.
Figured it's always good to have more.. so I bought her a 3rd spare.

She then lost all 3 spares (with the accompanying JHPs).
So I bought another spare mag - and some more JHP to put in it. (keep in mind these mags are about $50 per)

She lost it.

What in the fuck?!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
If she's losing them so frequently, how likely is it she's carrying them in a way that will do her any good when she actually needs them?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It sounds more like you are dealing with an issue of motivation than logistics.

Maybe she just does not want to carry an extra magazine. If she's managed to lose four magazines she either doesn't want to carry one or doesn't care enough to carry it securely.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
You're a better man than me.
No way would I have bought another when the others got pissed away.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
How exactly does she carry them? In her purse?

If so, maybe go through each one and check all the little pockets that seem to gather random items.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Yeah she puts them in her purse.
I'm thinking they get lost when she swaps stuff from 1 purse to another....

Sadly it's not just this that she's oblivious about.
Maybe a year or 2 after we started dating she spilled a drink on her laptop.
It screwed up a few of the bottom leftmost keys and she just dealt with it.

So maybe a year later I went and dropped $2k on a shiny new laptop for her.
With a month she spilled a drink on it.
A month.

She took it in to a place and had them look it over and it seems ok... but holy shit.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You're more patient than I am. Kudos.

In case you aren't ready to give up:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1370093834

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

In case you aren't ready to give up:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1370093834

lolol...

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
You are still ahead among many in the sense that she even carries a gun, and that she has not lost it yet.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
It sounds more like you are dealing with an issue of motivation than logistics.

Maybe she just does not want to carry an extra magazine. If she's managed to lose four magazines she either doesn't want to carry one or doesn't care enough to carry it securely.

That's my thought, also. Think about it. A gun with a full mag, then, plus 3 spare mags. Total of 24 rounds. Really? Who'd lug around that package in their purse?
quote:
The gf carries a p238.
It's a little .380 with only a few rounds per mag so I bought her 2 extra mags to cart around with it and filled em with hollows.
Figured it's always good to have more.. so I bought her a 3rd spare.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Check her purses.

Had a female once who was a purse nut. Changing purses by the day sometimes. She'd 'lose' things constantly.

I made it a personal mission to go through them (in her closet) about every 3 months - just to recover all the things she'd 'lost'.

I also armed her with a G26, so had she lost a mag, it was a $20 replacement.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
If she loses mags that often, should she even really be carrying the gun? If that gets lost it may have pretty large implications.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'd be a little concerned about a mag or 2 being found at an inopportune time, like by a metal detector while trying to enter a sporting event, concert, courthouse, library, school, airport, etc.. I was surprised that the main branch of our county library has a walk-thru metal detector.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
If she loses mags that often, should she even really be carrying the gun? If that gets lost it may have pretty large implications.

Exactly what I thought. She should reconsider carrying until she can take it more seriously.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe she's selling them and using that money on makeup, etc Wink

Otherwise, check the purse(s), those things hold deep crevice surprises.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people have no respect for their/other's property. If she spent the money herself, maybe, she would treat them better.

On the flip side, my wife never lost one. I bought some extra mags for the wife to carry for her pistol BUT she almost fights with me about carrying them at all. I tried to tell her about Murphy's Law and it is better to have one and not need it, then,well you guys know the rest.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
Some people have no respect for their/other's property. If she spent the money herself, maybe, she would treat them better.......

My thoughts, too.

Also, if she's that careless, what if she lost the handgun?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sounds like her problem. I wouldn’t buy any more for someone that careless.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
either that or she is the one selling them on e-bay for $29.00
woo hoo !

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I got my wife a Remora pocket holster with a built in spare magazine built into the holster. She carries it in her purse, so the whole package is together.

https://www.remoraholsterstore.../remora-mag-holster/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post