SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Can I use a Sig P220 threaded barrel in my P220 carry

Moderators: Chris Orndorff

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Can I use a Sig P220 threaded barrel in my P220 carry Login/Join 
posted
I bought a full size P220 elite and have a Sig threaded barrel for it. I just bought a Sig Carry Elite Dark. Even thought my barrel is a little longer can I use my longer barrel in my new carry size Sig?

Posts: 29 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin | Registered: November 05, 2004Report This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Try it and find out. Will the longer barrel fit in the Carry slide? Will the Carry slide and barrel go on the gun? Can you hand cycle the combination? Proceed slowly and carefully and you will get your answer.

Posts: 10666 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect the answer is no, but given you most likely don't want to pay the $$ for a threaded P220 barrel to learn that, how about emailing Sig Sauer and asking them. But let us know, I'm curious.

Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
compare the barrels, locking blocks, etc. I would think they would be the same.

Thanks,
~Farther~

Posts: 3636 | Location: CA/OR Frontier | Registered: November 24, 2000Report This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Did you ever get this figured out?

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You need the rare carry threaded barrel. ive only seen 1 before