SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Compensator question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compensator question Login/Join 
posted
So I'm a fan of Dan Wesson revolvers - Yes, wheel guns are real guns! Part of the reason for their accuracy is that the barrel is "tensioned" by the shroud (torquing that nut down pulls the barrel forwards, keeping it more secure). I was wondering if a compensator and attached with a threaded barrel would have the same affect?

Background: I have a Sig P226 SAO frame, and since I have to buy the slide and barrel, would a compensator add accuracy...???

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 32 | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
IMHO, I don't think you will see any difference in accuracy per say. You may be able to get back on target faster, getting more shots off in a specified amount of time.

The accuracy will come from how tightly your barrel locks up with the slide and your marksmanship skills.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 32 | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post