SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig SP2340 Magazine Safety Removal?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig SP2340 Magazine Safety Removal? Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted
Hey all,
Just picked up a Sig SP2340 for a decent price, but it has an annoying, dreaded mag safety. Never have seen a Sig of any kind with this idiotic feature, so I was wondering how difficult is it to remove it. If it can't be removed easily without expensive gunsmithing or is going to leave the pistol with a gritty trigger, I'll just return it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posts: 494 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
We have had a few threads on these. As I recall, there are at least two different types or methods of accomplishing the magazine safety. Post photos of yours if you can.

Posts: 10429 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Will do, gimme about five minutes to get them up.

Posts: 494 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Here's a few...

Hope that's helpful....

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
My first reply was misleading. The previous guns we have seen were SIGs with the conventional firing system and not the modular fire control unit of the SIGPro. Standby for other replies (it is Saturday night, however). Personally, I don't see what is so offensive about a magazine safety It is usually police agencies that specify it.

Posts: 10429 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems to be affecting the trigger pull. Even if not, the idea of a carry weapon that can be rendered unable to fire in certain situations makes it, to me anyway, near useless. I know this has been debated ad nauseum for years between fellow LEO's, but I'm firmly in the camp that says "Keep your gun able to fire at all times, compensate for mag safety scenarios with other forms of training and situational awareness."

In fact, back in '89 when I bought my first gun, one of the reasons I got the P226 over a S&W 5906 or 4506 was because I didn't want that damned mag safety, among other reasons.

Thanks for answering tho'....

posted Hide Post
Here's one of s SP2022-40 without the "feature".

It's not real clear, but it's all I have right now. I can post more on Monday if it helps.

Yours appears to just have an arm that pivots on a pin. I haven't even looked at my SigPro in a while so I can't say what might be involved in pushing out the pin to remove the arm.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post