SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P239 Spring Question -- V Spring Under Grip Panel (R)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Spring Question -- V Spring Under Grip Panel (R) Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
When I removed the factory plastic grip, and also after removing the Hogue rubber grip, I noted the V-spring on the right side of the grip splayed outward. Obviously the grip panel moves it back towards the frame. But, does this spring condition suggest that it is bent, out of spec, or damaged? Should it be replaced?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
What you describe is normal. The grip and frame hold the spring in place. Its not in a bind but just held in position.

Having said that springs are cheap and I consider them consumable items and I tend to replace them often or when handy to do so.

I just keep well stocked up on sig parts and have bought in decent quantity's over the years so when items are lost, misplaced I have them on hand. Its also saved me a bunch on shipping charges, out of stock or discontinued items.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
It's also a good idea to try and buy a spare parts kit or two for the P239. Out of production, parts and magazines are getting scarce as people stock up.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post