SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Grayguns EDC Straight Optimized Trigger System
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grayguns EDC Straight Optimized Trigger System Login/Join 
posted
I am new to the forum. Not sure if I should post here or under “Sig Pistol”

My question is about the factory Short Reset Trigger of Sig P226 Tacops and Grayguns EDC Straight Optimized Trigger System.

I replaced the mainspring and sear spring with Grayguns. Polished the sear, trigger bar, and hammer strut. Now the trigger pull is measured at 8.5 lb DA and 3.5 lb SA. Much better.

Yet I am still not 100% satisfied with the factory SRT. The SA trigger reach is too short for me and the DA trigger pull weight is still on the heavy side.

I am thinking about putting in the Grayguns EDC set with adjustable straight trigger and optimized trigger bar.

Had anyone done so to a P226 w/ factory SRT? How’s your DA/SA trigger reach and trigger pull changed? What’s your DA pull weight? Does it worth to spend $160 on the upgrade?

Much appreciate you sharing your experience.

Jeremy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: atugong,

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
I put one in a 229 E>Scorpion 9mm.
It cleaned up any questions I had
and has worked flawlessly since I put it in the gun.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1197 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Installed one on my P226 SSE. It actually works as advertized and did make a difference in the trigger pull for both sa and da. Not a great deal, but better. Much more noticeable improvement if you place your trigger finger a bit lower on the strait trigger which gives you more leverage. My groups did improve with this setup so worth the money for me.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Put one in my 229. It is all that it's advertised to do. Great trigger on the gun now. I don't have the SRT but that's ok with me. Go for it.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2401 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by atugong:
......Yet I am still not 100% satisfied with the factory SRT. The SA trigger reach is too short for me and the DA trigger pull weight is still on the heavy side......Jeremy

It appears that you are referencing the trigger reach. The SRT is not the physical trigger and has no effect on the reach. It is actually the Short Reset Trigger (SRT), which consists of two components (sear & safety lever) that provide a shorter trigger RESET after firing.

You are not the first to confuse that with the Short Trigger (aka Short Reach Trigger), which is simply a thinner trigger face with a resulting shorter reach.
See:
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...-p228-p229-p227.html
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...t-trigger-black.html

For a longer trigger reach, get the standard reach Sig OEM trigger. If the distance is the issue, that will give you a longer reach for both the DA and SA.
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...p228-p229-black.html

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post