SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Front Sight Height on P226 Elite Dark 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front Sight Height on P226 Elite Dark 9mm Login/Join 
posted
I have a P226 Elite Dark with a dead front night sight. I contacted Sig for information on the front sight, hoping the front was just a standard night sight of a predetermined height. I know the rear is completely different with a deeper dovetail, but thought the front was a standard dovetail? Well, their answer was they didn't have any sights for this gun and to pay to send it in and they would review the gun and contact me with replacement options.

Unlike others, my rear sight has been rock solid and the gun POI/POA are spot on, I just want a new night sight for the front. Looked around online and have used the search function here (and other sights) to no avail.

Any info or insight would be appreciated.

Posts: 116 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: April 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If you can measure the height of the sight from the base to the top, it might be possible for someone to suggest an option.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Have you examined the front sight closely to look for a stamped number? Most SIGs in 9mm use a #8 front sight. Is yours different?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only markings I see on it are “MH3 AM.” I had to take pictures and blow it up as my eyes aren’t what they used to be Smile

Posts: 116 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: April 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Go to Dawson Precision

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2255 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
Trijicon lists sig sights by model and caliber.
You can order what you need, but I would replace them as pairs since that is how they are calibrated. Good luck.

By the way you didn't say whether the ones you're replacing are sig sights or, perhaps, replacement parts.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1197 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post