SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Question Re: Dry Firing P238 w/ Slide Removed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question Re: Dry Firing P238 w/ Slide Removed Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
While reassembling my P238 after installing an aluminum GrayGuns straight trigger, I foolishly succeeded in allowing the hammer to snap - effectively dry firing the pistol with the slide removed from the receiver. I know this is generally a bad practice though I would be less concerned if this were a steel framed model. Visually, I don't see any damage. What hidden damage (if any) may I have caused? Thanks.

Also. Bruce's P238/P938 straight trigger is a very welcome upgrade for those of us who experience finger pinching with the factory serrated trigger.

GrayGuns Straight Trigger installed in P238

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Doing it once or twice should not harm any firearm. As you are well aware, it should be avoided as much as possible. I would not worry about your P238.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post