SIGforum
AR pistol will not feed

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/9420090064

August 19, 2019, 12:05 PM
MRMATT
AR pistol will not feed
Got a pistol lower and 10.5" upper from PSA. Put them together but a round won't chamber. Tried different mags but same result. Did I miss something? Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.
August 19, 2019, 01:58 PM
KMitch200
It helps when you describe the malf.
What exactly is the round doing and where does it end up?

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
August 19, 2019, 02:16 PM
MRMATT
The round either doesn't leave the magazine at all, or just partially leaves. When I pull the charging handle back, it doesn't seem to grab anything.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.
August 19, 2019, 06:20 PM
Big Bore Lover
Not enough info. Find a gunsmith to help you. SMH

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
August 19, 2019, 06:59 PM
Phelen_Kell
Clean and inspect BCG. Make sure mag is fully seating up. Lock BCG to the back and take a pic.
August 29, 2019, 07:26 PM
AZSigs
Are you using reloads? - May be an oversized round and need a small base resizing die
Is there a burr evident in the chamber?
Since it is new I wouldn't think of buffer spring issues but you might just pull it out and check it.
Of course the issue may be with your magazines.

I hope you get the problem fixed. Let us know how it goes.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor
August 30, 2019, 10:55 AM
ergoproxy
Did you find what is causing the problem yet?
August 30, 2019, 12:17 PM
MRMATT
quote:
Originally posted by ergoproxy:
Did you find what is causing the problem yet?

Problem seems to have worked itself out. I think everything was just "tight" due to being new. The more I attempted to recycle by hand, the better things got. Now, I just have to get it to the range for a proper function test.