SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Convert p239 9mm day to 357 da/sa
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convert p239 9mm day to 357 da/sa Login/Join 
posted
Is this possible? I understand there is a magazine issue with the 9 mm to 357 conversion. Will a 357 barrel even work in a 9mm pistol? If the dak to da/sa is even possible, what would be involved. I realize it would be simpler to sell the dak and find a 357, but I do believe that would be trading my new p239 dak for an unknown used gun.

Posts: 3 | Location: Mountain Home, Free State of Idaho | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
The P239/9mm frame will not accept the P239/357 mags so that kills the deal.

Posts: 18031 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Understand. While I was digging through the threads, I discovered there might be a fix involving a S&W mag. Would it be feasible to convert my DAK to DA/SA and leave it at 9mm?

Posts: 3 | Location: Mountain Home, Free State of Idaho | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will a 357 barrel even work in a 9mm pistol?

Beside what Mustang-PaPa just wrote, The 9mm slide face will not accommodate the 357 SIG case head.

Yes, you can convert DAK to DA/SA with the correct parts.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn’t think the 9mm to 357 would work for that reason, but I thought i’d get a second opinion. I wonder if the parts to convert DAK to DA/SA are available? Probably should call. DAK is not my preference, but it is much better than Walther’s anti-stress trigger.

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
From Top Gun Supply's website...

Parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA

•Decocking Lever

•Decocking Lever Spring

•Decocking Lever Bearing

•Hammer

•Hammer Strut Pin (except P239 which is integral)

•Hammer Reset Spring

•Hammer Strut

•Mainspring

•Safety Lever

•Sear

•Sear Spring

•Trigger Bar

•DA/SA Grips with Decocking Lever cutout

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
parts to convert from DAK to DA/SA are available and easily done.

But the convert from 9 to 357 is a no go. You would need a new slide, plus you would need to screw around with some kind of mag fix as the frame for the 9 wont accept a 40/357 mag.

If you want a 357 in DA/SA, just sell the 9mm. By the time you were done sourcing parts, it would be cheaper to buy the correct gun. Its not an uncommon gun to find used.

Sig, Colt M-16/M-4/1911 and Glock Armorer.
I love my P229, but if I had to go to a war, I would take my Glock...

Posts: 575 | Location: LI, NY | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post