SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Part identification by P/N?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Part identification by P/N? Login/Join 
posted
I have a small pile of Sig parts in Sig factory packaging that I can't seem to find any ID on by Googleing the P/N's. Anyone know what these are for?

34221588 Spring
34221640 Recoil spring guide
UD95080 Grip screw
UD97065 Grip screw washers

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have some older parts numbers (SIG keeps changing them), but none of the ones you ask about was listed. As far as I know, however, the only models that ever used grip plate screw washers were the P220, P225, and P245.

Can you post photos of the parts?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't post pics myself, but I'm happy to email some to anyone willing to help.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have a few leftover parts in the 34221XXX series and they seem to be for the P225. Is that a clue?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
I have a few leftover parts in the 34221XXX series and they seem to be for the P225. Is that a clue?

Sadly, the P/N sequence does not seem to be unique to each model. 34221XXX seems to cover much of the P series.

Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Some of my ‘older’ parts come in bags like these. Are yours like this?

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Some of my parts pile have labels that have Sig Sauer lightly printed in the background and the P/N, date (late 2000's/early 2010's) packers name and quantity printed on that.

Some are in Sig logo bags with the P/N and qty written on them in pen.

Some are in plain bags with the P/N and qty written in pen.

Some have plain labels with the P/N, qty, pickers name and date printed on them.

Some have labels with just P/N and qty printed.

None of my packages list application unless the previous owner wrote it on the bags.

Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
If you want, send me some pictures and I’ll post them for you. My email is in profile.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:
If you want, send me some pictures and I’ll post them for you. My email is in profile.

Thanks, I'll send you some tonight or tomorrow.

Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Garandy:
I have a small pile of Sig parts in Sig factory packaging that I can't seem to find any ID on by Googleing the P/N's. Anyone know what these are for?

34221588 Spring
UD95080 Grip screw

Thanks in advance.

The photos will definitely help. Looking through my lists, I don't see those part numbers. Is the first "spring" a recoil spring?

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:

Thanks, I'll send you some tonight or tomorrow.

Ok pics are on the way. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
quote:

34221588 Spring
UD95080 Grip screw

Thanks in advance.

The photos will definitely help. Looking through my lists, I don't see those part numbers. Is the first "spring" a recoil spring?

No, it appears to be a firing pin spring.

Thanks.

Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Here are his pictures.....

Hope someone can help!

posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot.

1st pic, I am looking for the recoil spring and guide P/N.

2nd pic, looking for ID.

3rd pic, looking for ID (if it helps I think the part is plastic).

4th pic, looking for ID.

5th pic, looking for application.

6th pic, looking for ID as I do not believe these are the right parts for the P/N on the bag.

Thanks in advance.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The flat recoil spring and its guide look like they’re for a P239, and that’s what seems to be written on the bag.

The other long spring looks like it may have been an early single strand recoil spring, perhaps for the P220 or another early model.

The washers appear to be for the P220 grip plates or for the other models (P225 and P245) that used the same ones.

The single screw looks like a grip plate screw, but not one I’m familiar with.

The two silver rods could be recoil spring guides, but not for any pistols I’m familiar with.

No idea about the plastic part. Nothing I’ve ever seen in a SIG Classic line pistol.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The plastic part looks like a Glock extractor plunger piece. It would go on the slide plate end of the spring where the plastic would meet plastic on the slide plate.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
The plastic part looks like a Glock extractor plunger piece. It would go on the slide plate end of the spring where the plastic would meet plastic on the slide plate.

Bruce

I think you are exactly correct. Never having seen the inside of a Glock, I'd never have figured that out on my own.

Thanks!