SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 Assembly Disasembly Mess
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Assembly Disasembly Mess Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
Not sure how this happened but...
My p320 action/receiver, is solidly stuck in the slide. The grip/frame is removed but the slide with recoil rod and spring and action are all in one piece. I can't get the take down lever into the action. It appears the recoil rod is blocking the hole for the take down lever.
Need help getting this unscrewed. Thanks.

Posts: 1 | Location: Virginia  | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Did you remove the takedown lever before removing the slide from the FCU and grip module?

If so, perhaps this will help:

Hi SigFreund ~ It's been a couple of years since I fixed this problem for someone at a local range. It won't be until after New Years that I will have a P320 in hand to use as a test bed to verify that I'm remembering the fix correctly.

The hang up is the normal position of the Striker Pin protruding from the slide downward and being held by the resting position of the Sear in the FCU. You can see this with the FCU out of the Grip and lining it up with the slide.

The fix...
Reinsert the FCU and Slide onto the Grip Module.
Rack the Slide to the rear slowly.
Slowly push the Slide forward until you feel the Striker Pin barely make contact with the Sear.
Slowly pull the Trigger to lower the Sear. Don't reset the Trigger or the Sear will return to its resting position.
Push the Slide forward when you feel the Sear has lowered and the tension on the Striker Pin is gone.
Inspect the Sear and Striker Pin for damage and replace as appropriate.

Posted by SIGforum member sleepla8er 21 December 2019.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hi Mhkaihei ~ Welcome to SigForum!!!

I ran across an easier method than the one I provided to SigFreund back in December. The issue remains the lock up between the Sear and the Striker.

I hope this helps...

Direct Link: www.YouTube.com/watch?v=uncK4XYuSm0

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks, sleepla8er, for that. I haven’t reviewed the video yet because I hope to never need it (again!), but I have the link recorded along with your previous post.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post