SIGforum
P320 FTE/slide jammed.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/9270049524

June 18, 2017, 05:37 PM
akeister
P320 FTE/slide jammed.
Somewhere between 100-200 rounds I have suffered my first fte. But not only a fte, but the slide never opened. It is completely jammed with a spent round in the chamber. Any suggestions.
June 18, 2017, 06:11 PM
GaryBF
Can you provide an more detail on exactly what happened? What ammunition were you using?
June 18, 2017, 06:17 PM
akeister
Remington 9mm 115gr. jhp
June 18, 2017, 06:20 PM
akeister
On the 15th shot of a 17rd. mag. the slide never opened to extract the spent round. The slide jammed and will not rack. So the spent round is still in the chamber and I can not move the slide to clear it.
June 18, 2017, 07:00 PM
two-two-niner-romeo
I'm not a P320 armorer, but I'd imagine that after you drop the magazine out of the gun, you might be able to remove the take-down lever (not sure if that's actually possible). If so, you can then pull the grip module off and maybe get lucky enough to see what's jamming up the works.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall
June 18, 2017, 07:04 PM
GaryBF
If you are sure the stuck case is empty, you might try putting a dowel or cleaning rod down the barrel and hitting it on the ground, table, or with a hammer.
June 18, 2017, 07:27 PM
akeister
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
If you are sure the stuck case is empty, you might try putting a dowel or cleaning rod down the barrel and hitting it on the ground, table, or with a hammer.

The dowel and hammer worked. Thanks. Now to call Sig tomorrow to find out "why" it jammed.
June 18, 2017, 07:36 PM
GaryBF
quote:
Now to call Sig tomorrow to find out "why" it jammed.

It may just be an out-of-spec case. Was the gun adequately lubed? Is the gun fairly new? Does it cycle okay by hand, i.e. no hangups? There is not much SIG can tell you, IMO.
June 19, 2017, 12:11 PM
HayesGreener
would like to see photos of the case. Factory ammo or reloads?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
June 19, 2017, 03:11 PM
Nipper
quote:
Originally posted by two-two-niner-romeo:
I'm not a P320 armorer, but I'd imagine that after you drop the magazine out of the gun, you might be able to remove the take-down lever (not sure if that's actually possible). If so, you can then pull the grip module off and maybe get lucky enough to see what's jamming up the works.

Not possible. The P320 TDL will only rotate if the slide is locked back. Same as on the classic P-series.

June 19, 2017, 04:29 PM
Chris Anchor
I have a FTE on the used gun I bought off a forum member. Don't know the round count total but I had run about 200 rounds. I looked at the ejector and found that it was fouled enough that was not riding smoothly so wiped it off a little oil and back to the races. I have another 300 rounds and no problems. The P-320 is really easy to do a full strip for cleaning. Chris
June 19, 2017, 04:39 PM
Nipper
Don't take this as gospel, but I vaguely recall a post regarding the RSA. It was either incorrectly installed or installed backwards. I believe it resulted in the slide becoming stuck and incapable of being retracted/removed.

Long shot. OP, is this a possibility with your issue?

November 15, 2017, 12:52 PM
SpinZone
quote:
Originally posted by akeister:
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:

The dowel and hammer worked. Thanks. Now to call Sig tomorrow to find out "why" it jammed.

Any follow up on this?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management