SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Replacement Night Sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement Night Sights Login/Join 
posted
The night sights on my P229 and P239 are past their half lifes and need replacement. I shoot 40 S&W 180 grain ammunition, and would like point of aim to equal point of impact at 25 yards.

Since the # on the sights have faded, I'd appreciate your recommendations on which # night sights to purchase for each pistol.

Also, I plan on purchasing Trijicon, unless you recommend a different brand.

Posts: 17 | Registered: March 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The usual combination is #6 front and #8 rear.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that it was #8 and #8.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I thought that it was #8 and #8.

For 9mm, yes, but not for 40 S&W.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.

I called Sig customer service while waiting for responses here, and was told that 40SW P229 pistols presently ship with 6 front and 8 rear sights, and that P239 pistols ship with 8 front and rear sights.

Thanks again!

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
You could try measuring your current sights to verify. I didn't make this chart, and I can't remember whether these heights are from the bottom of the blade or the bottom of the dovetail. My guess would be dovetail. You almost certainly have a #8 rear, so you could try verifying the measuring points against one of the rear sights.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
The Sig Academy Pro Shop sells Trijicons and they have a chart for which sights go to which gun and caliber

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.