SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Machining Safety Slot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Machining Safety Slot Login/Join 
posted
Any body know of a shop besides ab proto type who will machine the Manual safety slot in a P320 FCU.
Abprototype hasen't got back with me.

Posts: 23 | Location: Adamstown Pa | Registered: October 25, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Add to post. Also if I have to look locally does anyone have a drawing or data for slot location and dimensions?

Posts: 23 | Location: Adamstown Pa | Registered: October 25, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It would appear that you can get some information here:
https://jsdsupply.com/jig-for-...atible-insert-mup-1/

At 3:51, they show the pass opening up the safety slot, that being between the uppermost 2 #40 holes.

EDIT: Sorry, not for the manual safety. Confused You may be looking at reducing the picture from ABPrototype's website down to as near as you can to actual size, and taking some rough caliper measurements.

Assuming you are adding the safety to an existing FCU, your cheapest, easiest, bet may be buying the jig.

Jig: $150
#40 carbide bit: $10.08 (from Home depot)
Dremel Tapered Carbide burr: ~$10
**OR**Harbor Freight round diamond needle file (in a set): ~$10

About $170 to do it yourself. I suspect that a machinist would be much happier having the jig, or you're looking at trusting a local gun plumber who may or may not be able to competently follow through.

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually to slot FCU and lower receiver is about 75 at AB Prototyping. I went ahead and sent there. Thanks for reply.

Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hi Steeve,
Just background info on Alex the owner of AB Prototype, not an excuse for his not getting back to you.

Alex is employed as a full-time CNC Engineer. He opened AB Prototype, but he is only in the store on Tuesday & Thursday evenings (CA time) and on the weekends. It's a one-person shop.

In mid-June 2020, Alex modified my P320 FCU to add the Manual Safety. His work is high quality, the safety works flawlessly!

Alex also created a couple sets of Sear Housing "slave pins" for me. The dimensions for these are shown on the last page of the original 2015 version of the P320 Armor Manual. These pins allow me easily assemble the Sear Housing Assembly outside of the FCU. Once assembled, the Sear Housing just slides into the FCU as a single unit. The "slave pins" are pushed out when the Safety Lever Pivot Pin and the Sear Pivot Pin are inserted.

If for some reason you have any problems getting in touch with Alex at AB Prototype, my email address is in my profile ~ please drop me a note and I will drop by his store to ask him to contact you. This is not something I would do for just any company. I have a lot of respect for Alex opening a gun-related shop in California and having seen his work, this is the kind of quality craftsmanship I want to keep in business.

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stuff is on way. He did contact me via email.

posted Hide Post
Everything is back. Looks like it was made this way. Very good work!