SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    p226-sao-legion trigger broke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p226-sao-legion trigger broke Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
Haave not stripped it yet, trigger went dead during firing flops around as if disconnected from trigger bar. ?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the trigger bar spring is either disengaged or broke. Easy to tell, remove the right grip panel.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It turns out that there is a trigger dowel pin in the trigger that connects with the trigger bar; not the usual pin that is part of the trigger bar. The dowel pin sheared off right where it enters the trigger. Sig has changed the internal design of the trigger and will have to make the repair with a replacement trigger at the factory. This is a part that should not fail, but they are taking care of it.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Wow. Unusual spot to break. Factory trigger or GGI?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
Wow. Unusual spot to break. Factory trigger or GGI?

Factory. Sig customer service tells me they have re-designed the trigger and that I need to send it to them for fitting. It looks like a defective part-I think I can see where it separated before it broke. I am going to miss the gun, it is my favorite.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Sig customer service tells me they have re-designed the trigger and that I need to send it to them for fitting. It looks like a defective part-I think I can see where it separated before it broke. I am going to miss the gun, it is my favorite.

Keep us posted after you get it back from SIG.
The SAO trigger appears to be a MIM part. The new up coming GGI and Armory Craft SAO triggers are machined steel. After seen yours, I'll be careful with my SAO P226 until I can get my hands on a machined trigger.
BTW, I see you are from the panhandle of Florida. How did you weather the hurricane?
Hope everything is OK.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FlaSigUser,

Posts: 20 | Location: South Florida | Registered: November 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlaSigUser:
quote:
Sig customer service tells me they have re-designed the trigger and that I need to send it to them for fitting. It looks like a defective part-I think I can see where it separated before it broke. I am going to miss the gun, it is my favorite.

Keep us posted after you get it back from SIG.
The SAO trigger appears to be a MIM part. The new up coming GGI and Armory Craft SAO triggers are machine steel. After seen yours, I'll be careful with my SAO P226 until I can get my hands on a machined trigger.
BTW, I see you are from the panhandle of Florida. How did you weather the hurricane?
Hope everything is OK.

That pin is pressed into the trigger, I wonder if they cracked it during assembly.
We were well west of the storm and were just brushed with 30-40 mph winds and spme rain.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Got the gun back in 10 days door to door. Customer service was great. They installed a new trigger and I believe a new trigger bar. Looks like they really beefed up the connection between trigger and trigger bar.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Got the gun back in 10 days door to door. Customer service was great. They installed a new trigger and I believe a new trigger bar. Looks like they really beefed up the connection between trigger and trigger bar.

Glad that SIG took care of your problem promptly. I have always been satisfied with their service. Enjoy your SAO!!!

Posts: 20 | Location: South Florida | Registered: November 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post