SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    One more BDA question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One more BDA question Login/Join 
posted
I bought the Wolff recoil spring and it comes with a firing pin spring. It's about 3 times longer than the one that was in the gun. I'm assuming the spring is for a much later model?

Posts: 9 | Location: Kalamazoo | Registered: January 10, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hauptmann6:
I bought the Wolff recoil spring and it comes with a firing pin spring. It's about 3 times longer than the one that was in the gun. I'm assuming the spring is for a much later model?

Don’t know specifically about BDA but Jack First gun parts would be worth a look as well as Numrich and even ebay. I think Jack First may be on ebay as well by now. I start with Jack First, well first but realize most of these places charge quite a bit. Jack First used to be able to manufacture obsolete or older parts, not sure if they still do. I also wonder if someone replaced the original with a shorter one that they happened to have. Are you the original owner?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hauptmann6:

I looked at the wolff gun springs site for P220 and it said the firing pin spring is extra power and was also for Browning BDA 45.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post