SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 slide question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 slide question Login/Join 
Picture of billinaz
posted
I have a "classic" P220.

If I buy a new replacement slide, will it work properly on my older Frame?

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Probably, but I would ensure I had the right of return if it doesn’t.

In the SIG Classic line armorer classes I attended, slides, barrels, and frames were the parts that were always kept together, so there could be some fit incompatibilities.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
It should. I bought a CPO lower and dropped my old W German upper on it without issue. I’ve also had an old German 226 9mm upper on an all American frame, and an American 9mm upper on a German.40 frame. Install and slow hand cycle to check for any binding but I suspect it will be fine.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
One incompatible combination I have found was trying to use a stainless slide from a P226 with an aluminum frame on a P226ST (stainless) frame, so not every swap-around will necessarily work.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billinaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
One incompatible combination I have found was trying to use a stainless slide from a P226 with an aluminum frame on a P226ST (stainless) frame, so not every swap-around will necessarily work.

Well I got a P220 DAK police trade in for a great price.

I tested the slide out on my W German frame and it seemed to function fine. I tried using snap caps and I didnt notice any problems.

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 159 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post