SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Is it Possible that sig m11-a1 came from factory without srt kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it Possible that sig m11-a1 came from factory without srt kit Login/Join 
Picture of Jimg1960
posted
I have a used m11-A1 born on may 2018. It does not have the short reset kit installed. Is it possible it came from the factory like this? I was ordering the kit I thought about why it didn’t have it. Prior owner swapped it?

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Possible, certainly.

I don't have every year, but of the several of SIG's catalogs I do have, thumbing through them, all include the SRT as a feature of the M11-A1. I don't have a 2018 catalog though, so I suppose it's possible that the SRT was discontinued on this model.

Check the box label, what is the specific model number?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Just has M11-A1.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Just has M11-A1.

?

There should be an alphanumeric sequence on the box label.

Try posting a pic of the box label.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
I just sent a pic to your email..

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic...unfortunately, it is slightly out of focus. I can easily make out the model number, and can make out some of the features, but a couple of them are too out of focus to make out.

Here is what I can read. XXX's are the portions I can't make out.

M11-A1
XXX, 9MM, XXX, M11-A1, XXX, DA SA, SIGLITE, XXX

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
P229, 3.9in, blk, pol..last one could be poi

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
P229, 3.9in, blk, pol..last one could be poi

In the past, SIG has included the descriptor SRT when listing that feature on the box label, which is why I asked you about it. Either they deleted it from that model, or, maybe, changed what info they include on the label.

Whether SIG deleted that feature from the model, or forgot to install it, or the previous owner removed it, all are possibilities.

Osage reportedly had some SRT kits available recently.

Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
I bought that from Osage earlier today should get it next week or so. Thanks for your help.

posted Hide Post
Just looked at my box and it's marked "M11-A1 9 Nitron Slite SRT. It has build date of 10-Dec-2012 though.

"Momma say's the pistol is the Devil's right hand."

Posts: 694 | Location: Ontario | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
There was a srt kit in it. It looks like the tab on the sear was too short. Possibly someone hit it with sandpaper? I’m waiting on my son for a caliper to check lengths. The safety lever shows wear as well. I’m almost thinking someone tried polishing them? I replaced them with new kit and it is working fine.
Nothing else on the gun shows that type of wear, no smileys on barrel, locking insert looks good, trigger bar looks fine.
While I was working on it I added the gg dual adjustable flat faced trigger, I got to shoot a mag through it, for me it was a good investment.