SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Hawes .22 Six Shooter Parts? Edit:Found one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawes .22 Six Shooter Parts? Edit:Found one Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
Hi all.

May be a long shot but I am looking for a replacement ejector rod for this. As the title says, it is a Hawes .22 caliber.

I have been searching the internet but so far have only been able to find two places that mention parts. Numrich, which are out of stock, and a place called Bobs Gun Shop out of AZ gun-parts.com. The part is listed as available from their but the few mentions I have been able to find about them hasen't really given me the "warm fuzzys" about ordering from them.

I am hoping someone here might know of more options or maybe even have some thoughts on if their would be a "functional" replacement option if the original can't be found.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
This link was provided to me in a thread on the Pistols page:

http://www.restorativewelding.com/Welcome.html

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Bet that isn’t made of steel. Might not be weldable. I wonder if one from a Ruger Single Six could be reconfigured to work?

I think some of those Hawes .22s were made by JP Sauer and Sohn. Maybe you could locate the part by looking under that manufacturer name.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it looks like the piece is cast and non magnetic. I will do some looking on the JP Sauer side. Smile

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Jack First Gunshop. 605-343-9544

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The Uberti Cattleman line may also be a substitute part source.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks so far. Smile

Gave Jack First a call, no go unfortunately. Nothing Hawes related at all.

I still need to look at the Ruger and Uberty option.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Think those were also sold under the "Hy Hunter" name. You might try looking under that at Numrich, etc.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will give that a shot as well Smile

Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update on this. I picked up a used ejector off ebay. I was listed as being for a Hawes 22 but a different model I guess.

Wasn't quite as close as I was hoping but after a bit of dremel and file work on the part, I was able to get it to work. It is a tad bit shorter than the original but it don't seem like it will be a issue. Smile Smile

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Cool