SIGforum
Hawes .22 Six Shooter Parts? Edit:Found one

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/8800089934

April 02, 2018, 02:48 PM
PakRatJR
Hawes .22 Six Shooter Parts? Edit:Found one
Hi all.

May be a long shot but I am looking for a replacement ejector rod for this. As the title says, it is a Hawes .22 caliber.

I have been searching the internet but so far have only been able to find two places that mention parts. Numrich, which are out of stock, and a place called Bobs Gun Shop out of AZ gun-parts.com. The part is listed as available from their but the few mentions I have been able to find about them hasen't really given me the "warm fuzzys" about ordering from them.

I am hoping someone here might know of more options or maybe even have some thoughts on if their would be a "functional" replacement option if the original can't be found.

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,
April 02, 2018, 04:12 PM
GaryBF
This link was provided to me in a thread on the Pistols page:

http://www.restorativewelding.com/Welcome.html
April 02, 2018, 04:18 PM
arfmel
Bet that isn’t made of steel. Might not be weldable. I wonder if one from a Ruger Single Six could be reconfigured to work?

I think some of those Hawes .22s were made by JP Sauer and Sohn. Maybe you could locate the part by looking under that manufacturer name.
April 02, 2018, 09:30 PM
PakRatJR
Thanks, it looks like the piece is cast and non magnetic. I will do some looking on the JP Sauer side. Smile
April 03, 2018, 07:17 AM
Chris Orndorff
Try Jack First Gunshop. 605-343-9544

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

April 03, 2018, 07:54 AM
GaryBF
The Uberti Cattleman line may also be a substitute part source.
April 03, 2018, 05:03 PM
PakRatJR
Thanks so far. Smile

Gave Jack First a call, no go unfortunately. Nothing Hawes related at all.

I still need to look at the Ruger and Uberty option.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,
April 05, 2018, 10:19 AM
arfmel
Think those were also sold under the "Hy Hunter" name. You might try looking under that at Numrich, etc.
April 05, 2018, 04:07 PM
PakRatJR
Thanks, I will give that a shot as well Smile
April 10, 2018, 08:12 PM
PakRatJR
Just a quick update on this. I picked up a used ejector off ebay. I was listed as being for a Hawes 22 but a different model I guess.

Wasn't quite as close as I was hoping but after a bit of dremel and file work on the part, I was able to get it to work. It is a tad bit shorter than the original but it don't seem like it will be a issue. Smile Smile
April 11, 2018, 04:17 PM
arfmel
Cool