SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Alternative to factory P6 mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative to factory P6 mags Login/Join 
posted
I've always shied away from aftermarket mags, but my son wants to use my old P6 to see if he wants to get into competition shooting. (If he likes it, he will invest in a competition gun.) I found mention that if you cut a mag catch into a Walther P1/38 magazine it will work in a P6. Has anyone tried this? Also, has anyone tried the newer aftermarket mags? Are they still junk?

Posts: 426 | Location: Georgia | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Well, I just happened to have my Sig P6 and Walther P38 (1969) in front of me so I compared the mags. The P38 mag is about 1/4 inch longer than the P6, however dimensional width and stuff, they seem identical. If you cut a notch in the P38 mag, I bet it would work feed just fine in a P6, but it might not lock the slide back, because the lip of the follower that actuates the slide lock is about 1/8 inch lower on the p38 mag. In addition, with the notch in the proper location, the P1 mag would hang out the bottom of the P6 about 1/4 inch.

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'm going file it away since I just found 6 surplus P6 mags.

Posts: 426 | Location: Georgia | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post