SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Aluminum main spring seats

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aluminum main spring seats Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
Matrix is selling aluminum main spring seats. They now have the short style. On eBay or their site.

Posts: 394 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Matrix is a company I have not heard of before. Greymann, what do you know about them and the quality of their products?

www.MatrixPrecisionParts.com/SigParts/

My Photobucket albums:

1978 Browning BDA .45cal (aka Sig P220 with European Magazine Release):
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...Cal%20aka%20SigP220/

1986 SigSauer P226 with Mud Rails and Full NP3:
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...bar%20NP3%20Coating/

Winchester 1897 WW1 Trenchgun:
http://s671.photobucket.com/al...h%20Gun%2012%20Gage/

Posts: 2424 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. For the price I couldn’t pass up a couple of the aluminum seats. IIRC I spent nearly $50 on one when Apex had a version.

“Without its tough spearmen, Hellenic culture would have had nothing to give the world. It would not have lasted long enough. When Greek culture became so sophisticated that its common men would no longer fight to the death, as at Thermopylae, but became devious and clever, a horde of Roman farm boys overran them.”
— T. R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Posts: 39104 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

Matrix is a company I have not heard of before. Greymann, what do you know about them and the quality of their products?

www.MatrixPrecisionParts.com/SigParts/

I don't know much but cheap enough to try...I'll measure and compare to a Sig part and let you know, they have been selling 80% frames and 80% 320 trigger group, and used Sig parts to finish there frames.

Posts: 394 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Interesting topic....I was unaware of any such aftermarket part(s) for SIGs.

What's a 'Flork Boot'? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!

Posts: 3232 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Bought 6 of them from Matrix. Perfect fit and excellent quality.

He also offers the new short version. Also in ebay.

Doesn't do a thing the plastic one doesn't do, except make you smile 'cause you *know* it's just better!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if anyone has run into any issues with these? I bought one for my 229 Legion. I just like the idea of aluminum over plastic.

I read a post where someone was saying its not a good idea to use the aluminum seat on a aluminum frame gun. Thanks for any opinions.

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
What's a 'Flork Boot'? Wink

Back when Flork was still working at GGI, before he went to Apex, they made a run of aluminum mainspring seats. I think I still have one in my parts box somewhere. I tried it for a while, and noticed no appreciable difference.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5168 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post