SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Aluminum main spring seats
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aluminum main spring seats Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
Matrix is selling aluminum main spring seats. They now have the short style. On eBay or their site.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Matrix is a company I have not heard of before. Greymann, what do you know about them and the quality of their products?

www.MatrixPrecisionParts.com/SigParts/

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that. For the price I couldn’t pass up a couple of the aluminum seats. IIRC I spent nearly $50 on one when Apex had a version.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:

Matrix is a company I have not heard of before. Greymann, what do you know about them and the quality of their products?

www.MatrixPrecisionParts.com/SigParts/

I don't know much but cheap enough to try...I'll measure and compare to a Sig part and let you know, they have been selling 80% frames and 80% 320 trigger group, and used Sig parts to finish there frames.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Interesting topic....I was unaware of any such aftermarket part(s) for SIGs.

What's a 'Flork Boot'? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Bought 6 of them from Matrix. Perfect fit and excellent quality.

He also offers the new short version. Also in ebay.

Doesn't do a thing the plastic one doesn't do, except make you smile 'cause you *know* it's just better!

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if anyone has run into any issues with these? I bought one for my 229 Legion. I just like the idea of aluminum over plastic.

I read a post where someone was saying its not a good idea to use the aluminum seat on a aluminum frame gun. Thanks for any opinions.

Posts: 11 | Registered: December 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
What's a 'Flork Boot'? Wink

Back when Flork was still working at GGI, before he went to Apex, they made a run of aluminum mainspring seats. I think I still have one in my parts box somewhere. I tried it for a while, and noticed no appreciable difference.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post