SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 recoil spring - .40 and .357 SIG

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 recoil spring - .40 and .357 SIG Login/Join 
Picture of Malysh
posted
Do P320 .40 and .357 barrels use the same green tip recoil spring?

I have the full size 4.75" barrels & slide.

Thank you.

Posts: 152 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Based on what I have seen, green paint marking has been the indicator for 357 SIG, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP full size pistol recoil springs as long as they have been color coded.

I use green paint recoil springs in my P320s for both 357 and 40, and don't know what I would use otherwise. In addition, Top Gun Supply indicates that it's the proper spring for them.

“The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
— Bertrand Russell

Posts: 42571 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Sigfreund to the rescue again Smile
Thanks for timely reply.

I was on hold for about 30 min. today with SigSauer and finally had to hang up. They must have had a ton of calls.

My guess would have been the green spring was used for both, but I don't like guessing.

Posts: 152 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, I love calling: on hold with the IRS yesterday for two hours, five minutes before “technical difficulties” required starting over.

You’re welcome. Smile

“The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
— Bertrand Russell

Posts: 42571 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post