SIGforum
How to Fit grayguns trigger?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/8750008524

June 16, 2017, 12:17 AM
mrtuna
How to Fit grayguns trigger?
I just got one of the new Grayguns DA/SA flat triggers. The hole that the trigger pivot pin goes through is too tight. I can get the pin in with lube and a hammer but that's not going to pivot. Is there a way for me to fit it or should I just send it back? None of their triggers have ever had this issue before.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

June 16, 2017, 09:02 AM
Nipper
Same with my P-SPITs. Just tight tolerances and the usual min-max.

Take a Q-tip shaft and wrap with crocus cloth. Or wrap with a little .22 patch with Flitz paste. The pivot pin hole sometimes just needs light polishing.

June 16, 2017, 04:09 PM
mrtuna
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Same with my P-SPITs. Just tight tolerances and the usual min-max.

Take a Q-tip shaft and wrap with crocus cloth. Or wrap with a little .22 patch with Flitz paste. The pivot pin hole sometimes just needs light polishing.

This one is a little too tight for polish. It needs some sandpaper or something. I am going to call GGI. I'm done fooling with it.

NSSF Media Member

June 18, 2017, 09:03 PM
hrcjon
drill bit to correct size.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
June 20, 2017, 03:30 PM
mrtuna
Sandpaper did a good job. I got it so the trigger would move freely on the pivot pin.

NSSF Media Member

June 24, 2017, 11:04 PM
Grayguns
I'm sorry you experienced the old tight-pin issue. Did you call Grayguns CS first? Is it correct for your pin now? We guarantee everything we do for life. If you need anything at all, we're on it.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729