SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    229 Question?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

229 Question? Login/Join 
Picture of schrack
posted
Are all 229 frames cut out to convert to DAK?

Posts: 2488 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
No. DAK wasn't introduced until 2004 or so.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Plus some P229s manufactured since 2004 are not convertible to DAK either.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
Would Thier be a set. # that would indicate the year, I have seen photo on recent post of how the frame is cut to house the dak parts, I was under the impression, late228 and all 229's were cut for the mod.

Posts: 2488 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would Thier be a set. # that would indicate the year,...

Highly unlikely. If you are contemplating such a conversion, it is best to call SIG customer service with a specific serial number and ask.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
Roger DAT will do on Monday, my post on 228 dak conversion shows photos of the cut that will accept the dak kit, I am determined to get a 229 DAK in 9 mm one way or another.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Years ago I contacted SIG customer service and was told that P229s above serial number AL54732 were compatible with the DAK trigger. That was nice until much later a friend purchased a P229 “Scorpion” (I believe that’s the model with a bit of a ducktail and FDE finish). That turned out to not be capable of being converted to the DAK trigger.

I also have a P220 Carry model that has a DAK trigger, is capable of being converted to single action only, but doesn’t have the hole for the decocker assembly and therefore can’t be converted to DA/SA. It’s therefore risky to predict which SIG pistols can be set up for which trigger systems without an actual inspection of the gun.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
Next question if you have a 229 DAK .40 could a 228 9mm slide and barrel replace the .40, would the weapon function fine? second could you place the .40 upper half on the 228 frame. in other words switch them?

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
second could you place the .40 upper half on the 228 frame. in other words switch them?

That won't work because the 40 magazines will not fit in the magazine well.