SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    p226 barrel mod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p226 barrel mod Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

I am looking to have a stock factory P226 9X19 chambered barrel reamed to chamber 9X21. Any recommendations as to who can handle this type of modification? I already tried GGI and they are not accepting custom work at this time. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why?

Posts: 62 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was given a bunch of 9X21 ammo and I have a spare barrel. I live out west behind enemy lines, easier to have a multi-caliber platform than buying and waiting 10 days to pick it up.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Would the same magazines work?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, the same mags work.

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Apex, maybe?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apex, Cylinder and Slide, Arizona Response Systems, said they don't do this kind of work.
Grays Guns is too busy to accept custom work till early next year.
I'm waiting to hear back from Briley and Robar.

posted Hide Post
perhaps call manson reamers...might be something you can do yourself.

Posts: 5900 | Location: southern california | Registered: April 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tried Robert Burke?

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, said he doesn't do that type of work. I found a local smith who said it was possible.

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Try this shop. Phillip does a lot of off the wall barrel conversions (.32naa in RUGER LCP).

https://www.innovativearms.com/

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
*Update*

Sent barrel out and is getting modified,should have more to post once I get it back! Thanks!

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Please send me an email to bruce@grayguns.com. Thank you. -Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce, eMail sent. Thank you!

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I'm interested to know if this is possible. I've got a Beretta 98G Elite II slide marked for 9x21 and would make a great addition.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's done! Local 'smith was able to open up the chamber using a standard 9X19 reamer to allow for the 2mm of difference between the cartridges/rounds. I was able to source a used DE marked P226 9X19 barrel for the. Project. It's just the beginning as I plan to have another made sometime down the road from a new barrel. The ammo. I'm using is Fiocchi 123gr 9X21. It is a little snappier but not much as compared to standard 9X19 ammo. There's more ammo specific testing I'd like to perform. Thanks to everyone!