SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Early P226 Grip Screws
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Early P226 Grip Screws Login/Join 
posted
Folks, I’m missing a screw. Called Sig and was highly disappointed that they weren’t able to support me - they recommended I contact Numrich and Brownells, but both were a bust. Numrich suggested I post here for help.

Help!

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Jack First if no luck here. Good luck.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Just how early a P226 do you have? You need just one screw? Blue, I assume?

Since you are new here, you may not know about Top Gun Supply. Try there.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/g...-p226-gun-parts.html

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I tried topgun also with no luck - yes just one

posted Hide Post
SN is below 119k

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sarc,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
Try Jack First if no luck here. Good luck.

Who’s Jack?

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Since you are new here, you may not know about Top Gun Supply.

And evidently does not know about posting the same thing over and over.

If a post needs to be edited, that feature is available via the little icon at the lower right of the post panel that contains a stylized pencil with eraser. (It’s the one between the quotation mark and the triangular alert sign.) That feature also permits deleting posts entirely.

Good luck, BTW, with finding the screw. If a place like Numrich that deals in surplus parts doesn’t have it, you’ll probably have to try eBay or even place a want to buy ad in the classified here. (The Armorer section doesn’t get a lot of traffic, and your topic title doesn’t indicate why you’re posting, so many people, like me, often don’t even open such threads.) TGS and Brownells don’t handle much in the way of old, discontinued parts in my experience. CDNN often carries obsolete parts, but I don’t recall ever seeing anything like such an old screw.

quote:
Originally posted by Sarc:
Who’s Jack?

Jack First: https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify.com/

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The new version is an M4.
I believe the early P226 screws are essentially the same as the Beretta M9/92/96 Grip Screws, at 3MM-.5 standard pitch. Perhaps you can try that.

This is the SAE equivalent measurements.

Hogue sells screws for the Beretta, I would try calling them, as I believe they would also know which screws will work in the early P226.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hoosier Gun Works hordes old parts, but you will need to call to ask if they have what you need. The screw pic will help you describe what you need due to Sig's P226 Grip Screw changes over the years.

www.HoosierGunWorks.com/catalog.html

Another old part hoarder is Bob's Gun Shop, and make sure you call as all of their parts are not listed on their website:
www.Gun-Parts.com

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:

Top Gun Supply has two different P226 grip screws in stock at the link I provided. If those don't work, I have no idea what screw you need.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:

Top Gun Supply has two different P226 grip screws in stock at the link I provided. If those don't work, I have no idea what screw you need.

He needs the screw pictured second-from-the-right in the above photo. Really small shank that threaded into bushings in the frame.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
The new version is an M4.
I believe the early P226 screws are essentially the same as the Beretta M9/92/96 Grip Screws, at 3MM-.5 standard pitch. Perhaps you can try that.

This is the SAE equivalent measurements.

Hogue sells screws for the Beretta, I would try calling them, as I believe they would also know which screws will work in the early P226.

I actually called Hogue since I was adding a set of their grips and they couldn’t help me.

posted Hide Post
So, success, but a little feedback. Hoosier couldn’t help me and Bob give’s you no option but FAX for ordering - who does that in this day and age?

Jack has them in stock, it was kind of amusing - when I starting telling her I needed something for an old P226, she cut me off with a warning that grip screws were the only thing they had.
Thanks for the help!

posted Hide Post
You know I love all my Sig pistols, but it is absolutely incomprehensible to me why they would use so many different screws across models and years.

Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
FWIW, my P226, U594XXX, uses an M4 x .07 grip screw.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1362 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bob ramberg:
FWIW, my P226, U594XXX, uses an M4 x .07 grip screw.
He has the frame for the older M3 x 0.5 screws.

Did you happen to look into the Beretta 92 screws?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! In future, we stock these early 226 grip screws in quantity. I'm glad you found one!
-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That's good to know, Bruce.
This question arises from time to time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Hi! In future, we stock these early 226 grip screws in quantity. I'm glad you found one!
-Bruce

Do you offer a kit with a set quantity of each size, both in blue and stainless? If so, I'd like to add it to my inventory.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I may still be in the market. The package arrived from Jack’s yesterday and it has the wrong screws....☹️

Tried calling and it went to voice mail - MTF