SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    MGW Sight Pro: Which slide shoe for a Glock 48?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MGW Sight Pro: Which slide shoe for a Glock 48? Login/Join 
Picture of highlander81
posted
As the title says. Anyone know?

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
MidwayUSA sells an adapter for the specialized Glock sight tool. It’s billed as being for the Glock 42 or 43, but a couple of reviewers claim to have used it for the 48 with no problem:

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...ck-42-43-adapter-kit

I don't know if it would work with the Sight Pro, though. The base tools themselves are obviously much different.

(But perhaps you already know all that.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Contact Sight Pro? Look at their site?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Sigfreund, I did spot that adaptor and briefly thought that was the solution, but it’s meant for a different tool as you point out. I wondered about the 42/43 slide shoe being a possible fit, but those guns are non existent up here due to barrel length (prohibited weapons under Canadian law), so it’s impossible for me to to compare slides with the G48

FN, I’ll have to phone them I think. The company website isn’t much help.

I’m surprised there’s not a shoe announced yet, given the popularity of the G48. They just arrived in Canada in the last two weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts gents!

Had mine out yesterday for the first time. So far, I’m impressed

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Look at their site?

Have you tried to find it?

As far as I can determine the only site the MGW company has is Facebook-based, which means that every ounce of their brain power must have gone into designing and making their great sight tools, not choosing how to advertise them on the Internet. Anyone who decides to make it necessary to go to a FB page to learn about their products—to the extent that’s even possible—must have a common sense quotient of a turnip, and a boiled and mashed turnip at that.

The only list of shoes I could find, somewhat, is in part number order, making the guns they fit totally random. I also suspect that the list is not up to date. I looked to see if I could find a shoe listing for the Glock 48, but with no luck.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Brownells carries MGW slide shoes. There isn't one listed for the G48 but there is a full compliment of shoes for nearly everything else.

Parenthetically, I used the MGW sightpro to swap in a set of sights for the first time last night. Piece o' cake.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
wondered about the 42/43 slide shoe being a possible fit, but those guns are non existent up here due to barrel length (prohibited weapons under Canadian law), so it’s impossible for me to to compare slides with the G48

I can't be 100% sure since I don't own that model of sight pusher, but it should be the same shoe as the G43. The G48 and G43 slides are interchangeable on their frames.

(This also means that you can turn a G48 into a G43X by sticking on a G43 slide.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
wondered about the 42/43 slide shoe being a possible fit, but those guns are non existent up here due to barrel length (prohibited weapons under Canadian law), so it’s impossible for me to to compare slides with the G48

I can't be 100% sure since I don't own that model of sight pusher, but it should be the same shoe as the G43. The G48 and G43 slides are interchangeable on their frames.

(This also means that you can turn a G48 into a G43X by sticking on a G43 slide.)

Rogue, thank you. That’s the confirmation I needed. I’ll get the SP115 slide shoe for the 42/43 and be able to use it on the G48 sights.