SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig 228 / 229 short trigger conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 228 / 229 short trigger conversion Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
I have a Sig 228 with a short trigger installed. Not a short reset trigger, just the standard short.

First: I would like to put the stock trigger back in, and I have the parts. Since I didn't do the original conversion, what parts need to be changed? In the envelope, I have the trigger and a decocker. Does the decocting lever need to be changed?

Second: I would like to put the short trigger in my son-in-law's new model 229, with the E2 grip. Is the possible, and if so, which parts need to be changed out?

Third: He would like to change his E2 grip to factory standard grips, or a Hogue finger groove. Does that change any part of this equation?

Thanks for the help.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Only the trigger needs to be changed and nothing else. It's a pretty simple job.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will suggest, if you don't already have one, get the Sig Armorer video(see it for sale at the top of this page). It will give you step by step instructions. The video is a great reference guide....at least it is for me. I have changed out a fair number of Sig triggers.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
I will suggest, if you don't already have one, get the Sig Armorer video(see it for sale at the top of this page).

Excellent advice.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help.

A

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Did it this weekend. All went flawlessly. Thanks very much.

A