SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 Safety Lever Spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Safety Lever Spring Login/Join 
posted
I just received my P320 back from the recall and am installing the Grayguns Competition kit using an Alma Cole video for guidance. One of the steps in the video is reinstallation of the little safety lever spring. Simple enough, if a bit fiddly looking. My issue seems to be I don’t have a safety lever spring. Did it pop out unnoticed during dissassembly or has its use been eliminated by Sig? I looked at a buddy’s pistol fresh back from recall and couldn’t see this spring in his gun either. I emailed Geayguns for guidance but being a holiday for them don’t expect a reply till late next week. I was very careful during disassembly holding the fcu upside down over a gunsmithing mat and don’t see how I could have missed it, but we all know sometimes springs surprise us. Anyone with experience installing one of these kits care to comment?

Thanks

Posts: 16 | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
It's still used, I can see the coil of the spring on mine. Yours might have dropped free from the safety lever when it was removed. I seem to recall that mine moved out of position one time and grease was holding it to the grip module. You might check there, also.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. I’ve looked pretty much everywhere it must have escaped somehow. The replacement will be here Monday.

Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
If you have a fairly strong magnet handy, I have found a few small parts by passing a magnet over the area I was working in.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea I tried that. No joy. Maybe the dog ate it. Regardless thanks for confirming it is still used that was my main question.