SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P225 German Frame: SRT Options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P225 German Frame: SRT Options Login/Join 
posted
Hello. Will the SRT kit for the P226/P229 work in a German frame P225? I am looking at my M11-A1 with the slide off and the witdth of the sear looks to be the same width of the sear in my P225. I suppose I could take the SRT out of the M11-A1 and see if it works in the P225.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
The P226 SRT kit should work fine.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
After installation of the SRT, I suggest checking to make sure the firing pin safety block plunger is being lifted enough to clear the FP.

You might do the "pencil test", dry fire w/pencil eraser end down barrel, pointed up, and note how far pencil goes up (do several times). Repeat after SRT install.

Do this in DA for a DA/SA gun.

If you've already installed the SRT (too late to compare), then push on rear of FP, restrain hammer w/ thumb, and dry fire. FP block should clear before sear release - even if a tiny bit.

Problem is the amount of lift or the SRT safety lever can be marginal, resulting in FP impacting FPB enough to take energy from FP.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I called Sig customer service and was told that the SRT kit sold for the P226/P227/P229 will work in the German frame P225.

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post