SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Retrofit manual safety to P365?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retrofit manual safety to P365? Login/Join 
posted
Do you think it will be possible to retrofit a current P365 once they release the manual safety version?

Posts: 47 | Registered: January 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Since SIG hasn't actually produced one yet, that anyone has actually used, it's very hard to say.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering that a manual (specifically, thumb) safety was developed as an after market item for Glocks, of all things, if Sig doesn't mske them available as a retrofit, someome might well be clever (or brazen) enough to exploit that opening in the market and create a retrofit. I
might even be interested.

Personally, I liked the grip safety on the ill-fated Colt Pocket Nine I owned; it brought me some added comfort in the appendix carry. It served a purpose, but didn't require learning to sweep a thumb safety off (or on), which may be why John Browning liked 'em. It would be too wonderful to think we'd ever see one here; it'd have a hushpuppy's chance in Antartica (too many snowballs in hell; it is getting cold down there).

I REALLY miss that pistol. Mine was superbly accurate out to 25 yards, with great sights and trigger, and 100% reliable. I wasn't an idiot the day before or after I sold it, but I sure was on the day inbetween!

Brian

Posts: 17 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: July 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post