SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 mag issue

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 mag issue Login/Join 
Picture of greg1147
posted
This is not me but figure I might do the fellow shooter a favor.
https://youtu.be/eV2IpO88xR4

https://youtu.be/DUCN4KFvNWs

Massachusetts: where freedom began and freedom ended
"the soul of a dog is pure"
"If any of you think you are going to live forever you will be truly disappointed" Drill Instructor

Posts: 135 | Location: N of Boston | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Who knows? I can't see where is finger tip is; maybe he is tripping the release. Or maybe he needs a new magazine release.

Posts: 10489 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of greg1147
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Who knows? I can't see where is finger tip is; maybe he is tripping the release. Or maybe he needs a new magazine release.

Mag release was my first thought.

"If any of you think you are going to live forever you will be truly disappointed" Drill Instructor

Posts: 135 | Location: N of Boston | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Help, advice?

First is to move his trigger finger up onto the frame of the pistol when not shooting. I tell my students that if I can see their finger when looking at them from the left side (assuming they’re right-handed, of course), they’re doing it wrong.

Second is to use a proper firing grip. The ineffectiveness of wrapping his support hand index finder around the front of the trigger guard is demonstrated by how every shot breaks that grip and it’s necessary for him to adjust every time. Then he’s using the both-thumbs-rolled-down grip rather than thumbs up and forward. And that may be what’s causing the problem. With his dominant hand thumb rolled down and positioned under his support hand, that could push it into contact with the magazine catch. With a proper grip, the dominant hand thumb should be on top of and away from his support thumb.

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 36191 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
^^^^
The eye of an experienced trainer. That is a weird firing grip. My money is on the shooter now and not the gun. How could we have ever doubted the P220?

Posts: 10489 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
does it happen if he shoots strong hand only?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Overheard at an actual match:
"Tapers! Come on, guys, we need tapers!"
"No, my name's Gonzales."

Posts: 4764 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of greg1147
posted Hide Post
Do you ever get the feeling that the advice or info you give is falling on deaf ears, so is the case here, are you fucking kidding me after all this he still doesn't get it, one track mind, mag issue.
On my part thanks to all that contributed your ideas, and expertise
Greg

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Confused

Has the advice here been passed on to him?

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 36191 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he's trying to say that, despite all the advice he's passed on, the shooter is still convinced this is a mag issue?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Overheard at an actual match:
"Tapers! Come on, guys, we need tapers!"
"No, my name's Gonzales."

Posts: 4764 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of greg1147
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Confused

Has the advice here been passed on to him?

Yup, he couldn't register here as he hasn't legit email, I forwarded the posts as posted.