SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG 22x Stamped/Folded Slide question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 22x Stamped/Folded Slide question Login/Join 
Picture of Dsparil
posted
Greetings germs! Long time no speaky... =)

Does the pin that holds the breach block in place need to be replaced every 5000 rounds or is this just some yarn someone is spinning?

I'm asking because of something a youtube "expert" said. I've owned them before and put thousands of rounds through em but I've never bothered to remove the block to see what's going on underneath it.

Posts: 297 | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Some of us believe it to be true:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6801056451

The late Todd Green who was reportedly a SIG insider and who was very knowledgeable about the guns confirmed that advice. He said the reason for replacing the roll pins holding the breechblock of a formed and welded slide at the 5000 round interval was because if the pins and breechblock became loose that would allow the slide to flex during firing. If that happened it could lead to early failure of the frame rails.

Removing the breechblock may reveal that the retaining pins have become damaged by dry firing, but beyond that the only thing of note is likely to be that the innards would benefit from a cleaning.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47400 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dsparil
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. I guess it would have helped too if I'd look at the very first thread lol. I guess it's time to go hunt down some spare parts.

Posts: 297 | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post